Vegan BBQ

Tell them it's a carnivore party and that a live pig will be sacrificed. Guests will be required to bite the liver and drink the blood. Problem solved.:twisted:

I agree.... If they need some special diet because they don't choose to eat like every normal living person, then they should bring dishes to share with everyone. If they had some kind of medical condition that would not allow them to eat some foods, it would be different. All the guests that come to my house know that you eat whatever I'm serving or you don't eat at all. I'm not a freakin catering service.

It's just not right...

ABT's with no bacon?????
Tofu Apple Beans???

As mentioned above, some vegan-types prefer their food not cooked at the same time as meat, nor on the same surface/appliance. Whatever you cook, you may want to do in the oven. Your other option is to cook the meatless stuff first, but after cleaning the grill.

kosher vegan???? :eek: that'll be next.

All joking aside. I don't know how close these guests are to you, but that would help me decide how far outta my way I would go to cook something separate for them. I say keep it simple cause who knows what they will and won't eat and how they expect things to be prepared......I'd have a hard time doing something vegan cause even the beans, potato salad, and just about everything else like the chile con queso even has bacon in it.
What did you decide on afterall?

On a side note: the wife of a good friend of mine was somewhat vegan till she married him. The things was, he's a great cook, and she couldn't boil water. He basically told her he wasn't going to cook special stuff for her unless she learned how to cook it herself. Well, she hates cooking and is now a hard core meat eater.

Last edited:
On a side note: the wife of a good friend of mine was somewhat vegan till she married him. The things was, he's a great cook, and she couldn't boil water. He basically told her he wasn't going to cook special stuff for her unless she learned how to cook it herself. Well, she hates cooking and is know a hard core meat eater.

must be my house hehe:-D

So why don't they make fake vegtables out of meat? So when we go over to a Vegan/Vegitrians house they can make things that look like carrots but are made of Beef or pork?

Veggie Pizza with no cheese for the Vegan. Add cheese for the Vegitarian.

So why don't they make fake vegtables out of meat? So when we go over to a Vegan/Vegitrians house they can make things that look like carrots but are made of Beef or pork?

Veggie Pizza with no cheese for the Vegan. Add cheese for the Vegitarian.
you have a point there

Back