Vegan BBQ

^pffft. Anyway, that was going to be a picture of my smoked mushroom burnt ends. Cut up portobellos that have some rub smoked for about an hour in a pan, then put over a burner to give them a bit more texture. Add some bbq sauce in the pan and continue to "fry" in the pan then serve. They were delicious and I'm sure they'd be great on a bun.

Usually dried pastas dont contain egg, fresh or frozen does. Vegan isnt extreme. Its quite simple, no food containing animal product. Different vegans may be more specific themselves and take it to other levels. Tempeh and Seitan have much more flavor than tofu,and make for a great meat alternative in many dishes: sloppy joes, meatloafs, stroganoff, etc. Instead of milk or cream, use soy or rice milk, and most dairy products have a soy, rice or nut vegan alternative available and do taste good.

If someone wants extreme, look into raw vegan. I worked in a raw vegan kitchen for almost a year. No animal products and no heat above 115 degrees.

If you can find jack fruit, the shredded jackfruit's texture is very similar to pulled pork or shredded beef.

Add in some seasoning and bbq sauce and make a vegan pulled porkdish for them.

Pasta with... Butter? Nope. Parmesan? Nope. Anything good? Nope. Plain sauce? OK!

The whole idea of vegan just makes me sad. Good luck!

Vegan isnt extreme. Its quite simple, no food containing animal product.

Really? Perhaps it's a matter of semantics but you've quoted the very definition of extreme. Anyone that eliminates an entire segment of food from their diet that humans have been consuming for, well, ever, is extreme. There may in fact be levels of extreme behavior even within Veganism but that doesn't make your stock Vegan any less so.

I have Vegan friends and have no problem with it as a lifestyle choice, to each his/her own. But at the end of the day humans are not herbivores and those that want to believe we are are extreme.

Not being a vegan (and forgetting the difference between them and a vegetarian and don't explain, please), if cheese is o.k., then smoked mac and cheese would be good or ABTs with vegan bacon.

Wait! How about a vegan fatty? You could call it a slimmy (and give me all of the kudos and royalties sure to ensue).

Mow your lawn, rake up some clippings and warm to 114f. (using a solar powered oven of course).
Just make sure there was no "animal fertilizer" on the lawn as that might be considered an animal product...

Vegetarians I would cook for...for vegans,hellnah!!!
I need to have Phun while I'm cooking...

Cook a brisket tell them it is faux brisket made from tofu and artificial beef flavoring because well I got no better ideas (only a joke)

To each their own. I can see some people not wanting to eat animals for ethical reasons, but claiming its a healthier way to eat and live is pure rubbish. Fake cheese, fake meat, tofu... All this crap is processed and much of it is chock full of chemicals. No thanks!

But good luck man, I wouldn't want any part of cooking for people who don't love food!

Cook a brisket tell them it is faux brisket made from tofu and artificial beef flavoring because well I got no better ideas (only a joke)

I have used nutritional yeast to make a faux ricotta cheese (tasted like ricotta as much as spam tastes like brisket). I have not used wheat gluten.

I am curious. I'm not saying I will go to the store and buy some stuff this weekend. I'm not saying I'd bring it to a Bash. But it...could..work...

I just have to convince one of my rigs to take one for the team.

We had some friends from church that are Vegan and when they had their first child everyone wanted to provide meals. So, we wanted to bring a little of who we are to them.

Coleslaw is easy, there is vegan mayo. So, just mix that in with the rest of the ingredients. Potato Salad, left out the hard boiled eggs and used the the vegan mayo.

Then did the Vegan Ribs, Wheat Gluten, nutritional yeast, peanut butter for the protein, baked and brushed with my BBQ sauce. They were not too bad. Kinda had the texture of meat, but not really.

They loved it, as everyone was bringing pasta dishes.

Sorry I have cooked for vegan and vegetarian both and I sometimes confuse the two so I try to cook foods that are acceptable to both.

I never understood why people don't understand the difference. A vegetarian will not eat meat but will use animal products such as eggs, milk etc. A vegan won't use any animal product whatsoever.

I never understood why people don't understand the difference. A vegetarian will not eat meat but will use animal products such as eggs, milk etc. A vegan won't use any animal product whatsoever.

The closet-hiding-fence-riding-ridden-with-Catholic-Church-Dogma lacto-ovo-vegetarians of the 70s and 80s ruined it for the vegans.

I was going to say vegetarians were here first, but I remember Genesis 3.

I take it that vegans shy away from raspberry flavored items and candies with a shell? Google it, don't ask.

Back