THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm on my second Foodsaver brand vacu-sucker in about ten years. When this one goes I'll buy another one at once. We like to buy the 10 pound tubes of bulk hamburger when they're on sale, put into one pound (quart size) bags, vacu-suck, then squash them flat. They don't take up much room & they defrost real fast when they are that thin. Get one --- you'll love it!

I have a FoodSaver Vac and have used one for years. The bags can get expensive but I reuse them all the time. In fact I cut the bags a bit big so when I cut them open I still have a big enough bag to use it again on larger items. My brother, Trucky1008 has the commercial unit he got at Cabelas. Very expensive but seals WAY better than the FoodSaver. But it is somewhere in the area of $400.00 plus the bags needed for it. It is quite a bit larger and uses some very big bags. In fact he just brought over some Feather bones and took the feather bones right out of the box frozen and sealed them in a bag without having to break the bones apart. It all depends on how much you want to spend but either way, I would never go without having a vac sealer.

Trucky9754

cooking on
Fast Eddy FEC100
C/S sm009
Weber Gasser
2 X Ultra-accurate Thermopen RED of course.
Official MOINKER since 2010
KCBS Member

Food saver here. Got mine at Sams Club..they had a bundle pkg with accessories and rools to make bags.

I have the Food Saver 750 model. This is the 3rd Food Saver system we have used in the past 17 years. Best thing ever made for the price!

We tried one of the new models but that is a piece of junk in my opinion. You waste way too much of the bag. The 750 lets me control how much of the bag I use and seal.

We also make big batches of soup or stew and vacuum seal individual servings of it.

We buy the bags from Costco when they send out their coupons.

We also have the jar sealer attachement. Works great!!! We buy bulk spices and stuff and take out what we need for a few months, and put the rest in Mason Jars and vacuum seal them.

Again, best thing since sliced bread!

wallace

I'm on my second Food Saver.Use it all the time! Not only with bags for meats, seafood, etc. but also with Ball mason jars for spices, bread cumbs, nuts, fruits, ( I have a good stash or local strawberries in the freezer for daiquiris and margaritas) homemade sauces, stews, soups. It's almost endless. When you buy a new one you get a dvd explaining everything. And if using jars, after the purchase price no additional cost!

Back