Utility vs Camper trailer

Having a toy hauler is pure luxury. My dad has a big Rubicon and at one contest this year, a huge storm blew through. While other teams were holding onto thier ez ups and soaked, we watched the news in HD, had the AC on, and mixed drinks. It was like cheating. Too bad our Q is substandard, cause we were living the highlife!
I don't look at having a nice trailer as cheating, but it is an advantage. I haul a 6x12 trailer with my pickup, and it always grates me that they make me unhook the trailer and move the truck away from the site. I don't plan on moving the truck once I get there, and it is where I sleep, where I store certain gear, and my wood is in the bed. I see no difference in having a truck at the site as opposed to having a motorhome. So why should I have to completely unload the truck and sleep in a lawn chair???? (OK, rant over)

I don't look at having a nice trailer as cheating, but it is an advantage. I haul a 6x12 trailer with my pickup, and it always grates me that they make me unhook the trailer and move the truck away from the site. I don't plan on moving the truck once I get there, and it is where I sleep, where I store certain gear, and my wood is in the bed. I see no difference in having a truck at the site as opposed to having a motorhome. So why should I have to completely unload the truck and sleep in a lawn chair???? (OK, rant over)

If your truck fits into your assigned space is there a reason they make you move your truck?

If your truck fits into your assigned space is there a reason they make you move your truck?
I have always had to move it, every single time. Something about not having vehicles in camp to keep people from getting run over in the night. Like I said, I don't plan on moving it and see no difference in it and a motor home. (Not intending to derail the thread, just venting...)

I have always had to move it, every single time. Something about not having vehicles in camp to keep people from getting run over in the night. Like I said, I don't plan on moving it and see no difference in it and a motor home. (Not intending to derail the thread, just venting...)

.....and I'm sure they make it real easy to get it back on site so you can take off at a reasonable hour

Back