Cooking on a trailer

ruger35

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
Nope
Got my order in for a LSG Mini IVS, been too long since I sold my LSG 24x48 and I'm ready to smoke something! The Kamado Joe just doesn't cut it. Used to use my 16' trailer to haul everything around, but I have gotten rid of it so I am mulling over some options for the new Mini.

I don't do comps, but I am hoping to cook for some parties or smaller events in the next year or so (wife graduates med school in may so no more OT for me:clap:).

I know with the Mini I don't need a huge trailer, nor do I want one. But I am thinking with the height it will exclude enclosed because I don't want a 6x12. So with open utility trailers, I was thinking if it would be a good idea to have half of the floor done in steel and half wood. My thought process is that when I bring it to work to cook or tailgating that I could just level the trailer off/level the Mini on the trailer and not have to worry about taking it off. My concern is cooking on a wooden floor.

Has anyone actually cooked on their trailer that isn't a dedicated vending/concession trailer? The cooking on a wooden floor just screams fire to me, and it should. But I was thinking of a smaller 5x10 maybe car hauler style trailer. Metal floor at least half of it, and that is where the cooking would take place. I could put a table next to the smoker and be set without ever unloading. Any recs, advice, or first hand experiences would be great!

Agree with above. Plus if you are going to buy something i would buy what you really want. It saves you from having to buy again later.

I don't know if it always holds true, but way back in the day my dad borrowed his buddies metal car hauling trailer, and it was significantly lighter than his trailer (same length) with a wooden floor. If full metal is lighter...might as well go full metal!

Back