Upcoming weekend cooking - 11/11-11/13

Good on you icmn62, OK, Gary., Man this laptop takes some gettin used to. Can't type for chit.,

Kevin said:
Ronnel, did you take lessons from Neil on picture posting?
LOL.

Why... Is something wrong with the picture? It shows up fine for me...

OK... I deleted the farking picture. I'm done with posting pictures...

Threw 2 7lb butts and a small 5lb choice angus packer at 7:30am. Smallest packer I've seen. Injected butts and covered everything with some Grub Rub. Chili rellenos and ABTs will go on later.

Ty

I have 2 3# veal breasts rubbed and resting in the fridge now, will smoke them tomorrow, along with a couple of fatties, a chunk of cure 81 ham, and maye some baby back's-if I let my wife talk me into it.

I did not cook outside last night, but here is an idea of what we had for dinner.
Pulled pork, from the freezer, heated up and piled on a grilled portobello cap [ok, I DID grill the mushrooms outside], topped with cheddar cheese and green onions and run under the broiler till bubbly.

Steaks tonight. Other than that I haven't thought about it yet. It will have to be Sunday what ever it might be. Taking a break on tailgating this week, just going to walk around campus before the game and have a stadium dog for a change.

OK... I'm going to try again... I guess I'm just a glutton for punishment...

Here's the buckboard bacon picture from last night...

IMG_0794.jpg

And here is the brisket that cooked overnight. I pulled it at 192 internal.

IMG_0796-2.jpg

Okay, now I am hungry and have 1.5 hours to go before lunch. I was feeling good about my lunch, was gonna have the extra burger I made yesterday, but now....I am crying :cry: .

This weekend is going to be 2 butts and some spareribs and a fattie or 2

I'm on a roll with pictures, so here's the Buckboard Bacon after slicing!

IMG_0799.jpg

I fried up a couple of slices to taste. Good stuff! A little salty, but I like salty! Id looks and tastes more like ham than bacon, but it is still good!

Farkin rain forecast made me have to put the smoker in the garage. But it's fired up and I've got two pounds of jerky cookin' at about 200 degrees. Cured it with HiMountain jerky cure, and I am so looking forward to it. I've got a few turkey legs and a couple of chuck roasts to throw on later. And a maple fatty, natch!

Well, the buckboard bacon is in my large cooker (I can't help it. It takes even less watching that the WSM for this kind of cooking). Gas burner going for the "without smoke" phase but a chimney of Kingsford is lit and the charcoal basket is ready to go in a few minutes. I covered it with turbinado sugar prior to putting it in the 150 degree cooker.

One way or another your are going to get your cook jones fixed today. Hope the garge door is open while you are cooking.

Yes- garage door is open and the jones is being fed. Got the cooker just barely inside so it stays dry when the heavens open up, and I've got a fan to pull the smoke outside. It's working pretty well, all things considered. I just pulled the jerky off and it's farkin fantastic!

Back