THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

dgaddis1

Full Fledged Farker
Bought some beef ribs this weekend to BBQ, and then never got around to it. Well the baby ran a fever Sunday morning, so I stayed home with her yesterday, and took advantage of the day at home and smoked the ribs. They turned out awesome!

Here, we go, start to finish.

Used the Hardcore Carnivore Black rub and Dizzy Pig's Raising the Steaks rub.
aZ2u63ch.jpg

Trimmed and rubbed.
dt186Yuh.jpg

5hrs in. I've cooked these four or five times now, this is the best looking rack yet, and the first one where all of the bones 'pulled back' the same direction.
OPeTwybh.jpg

Done, after 7.5hrs
ncBP2qVh.jpg

Brisket on a stick!
HPePpxEh.jpg

Ate them with leftover veggies and leftover mushroom/asparagus risotto. An odd mix for sure, but it was good.

I also spent about 2hrs making a lot of baby food, putting our Vitamix to use (finally!). She likes the homemade carrots a lot more than the pre-made stuff! Turns out she isn't sick, she's teething. Which means we're back to mostly sleepless nights for a while I guess.
pivujnFh.jpg

I've had beef ribs and mushroom risotto before from a restaurant, so it may not be too odd of a mix (I thought the richness of the beef and risotto paired well together). They look great.

Nice! Beef ribs look awesome. I've never seen them at Publix.

Cute kid. We've been making our own baby food and freezing in ice cube trays since we could shovel real stuff into our kids face hole. We use the vitamix and a food processor. Sometimes the processor is actually better.

At first we did normal bland stuff, but quickly worked into things with spice (no salt) and now he eat tons of stuff. He loves roasted veggies that have chipotle powder in them. And he loves meat. Nom'ing a rib bone is hilarious.

Keep the pictures coming.

Well, it looks like you did not waste your day off. Great looking ribs, baby food stock pile, and time with your cutie. Hope she feels better.

That looks like a mighty fine Monday to me!

Nice lookin' bones. Cute munchkin. Ah, yes... the crankiness and the loose poops. I remember them well (heck, that was me this morning :shock:)!

I've never seen them at Publix.

I've never seen them sold as a complete rack, they cut them up for braising (turning the four bone rack into 8 individual ~3" long ribs). But if you ask the butcher if they have a complete rack, they'll pack one up for you!

She only started teething when she saw what daddy was up to and knew that she needed teeth to tear in to one of those ribs. Nice cook, cute kid, hope the teething process goes smoothly.

Back