THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

muddypluka

Found some matches.
hey all I'm hoping I'm not asking a silly question here
I live in the uk and have a UDS I have smoked my first piece of pork using a bag of cherry wood chips and bbq coals

I would like to build up my own supply of woods like cherry and apple ect

the question I have is does anyone have a uk wood list and what meats they would work well with

and using cherry is it only the fruiting cherry tree or can I use the cherry blossom (non fruit ) tree

also is there a uk alternative to peach or pecan ?
thanks in advance
chris

thank you dadsr4 for your quick response and thank you for the list of woods
with winter approaching I will keep my eye on the local fruit trees for any fallen branches to add to my supply

I cook on a Weber kettle, and anything bigger than my thumb is fair game. When I lived in the city, all my smoking wood was collected while walking the dog. They thought it was great fun carrying it.

Hi I’m in UK also and have used the site mentioned. It’s a pretty helpful and informative. A tip that I found helpful when trying to source wood is local paper and eBay. Best wishes and keep smoking

I live in the uk and have a UDS I have smoked my first piece of pork using a bag of cherry wood chips and bbq coals

You'll find that fist sized chunks will work great in the UDS as compared to wood chips.

I would like to build up my own supply of woods like cherry and apple ect

the question I have is does anyone have a uk wood list and what meats they would work well with

http://www.smokewoodshack.com/smoking-woods-and-flavours

and using cherry is it only the fruiting cherry tree or can I use the cherry blossom (non fruit ) tree

Yes, any variety in the same family can be used whether it produces fruit or not.

also is there a uk alternative to peach or pecan ?
thanks in advance
chris

Pear, Plum, figs, almost any fruit or nut species will work fine, just try a web search for the specific wood you wish to use to verify.

Back