UDS Flavor

Those guys have it going on!!
Yeah, they are cooking on drums, but they have a different method than the BDS/UDS setup. I got some pointers and I plan to try some new things. One piece of advice that Bubba gave me was "Snail always said to "keep it simple". I may have to work a little more, but it works for them.

Well; let's hear the pointers.

BBS, I suspect the rub you are using may be the culprit....:twisted:

Seriously my wife had the same issue with my food when I first cooked on the drum. I liked the deeper pit flavor it produced but she thought it was too smokey. So being the great guy that I am I backed off on the amount of wood I had been using. I went from 6-7 fist sized chunks and 15# of brigs down to three fist sized chunks split in three's along with about 7-10# of brigs.

BBS, I suspect the rub you are using may be the culprit....:twisted:

Seriously my wife had the same issue with my food when I first cooked on the drum. I liked the deeper pit flavor it produced but she thought it was too smokey. So being the great guy that I am I backed off on the amount of wood I had been using. I went from 6-7 fist sized chunks and 15# of brigs down to three fist sized chunks split in three's along with about 7-10# of brigs.

So Rob can we surmise that Big Brother Smoke has the taste of a woman?
Manly Drums are for Manly Men. :twisted:

OK before someone slaps back. Let it be known I have never tasted Big Brother Smoke. Country you want to give a flavor review?:twisted:

Swamprb turned me on to the UDS last year and it was some of the best BBQ I've ever tasted. I have since built and sold 2 of them and am working on a design for my 3rd. I will always use a heat shield or drip pan for the very reason BBS touts in his first post...the greasy smell / aftertaste thing bugs me too. It's all about personal preference...period! :cool:

OK before someone slaps back. Let it be known I have never tasted Big Brother Smoke. Country you want to give a flavor review?:twisted:
Aw man I dont want to say what I am thinking of saying right now, this is still in Q-talk and is probably just wrong in general. I will keep quiet....for now:twisted:

Hold on I have to ask my lady friend!

Edit: Well somethings I cannot share, I might get modded!

She said Mr. Big Loins:biggrin::tongue:

Last edited:
Hey Stef, solution built right in....
Line it with foil and use it.
IMG_3081-1.jpg

IMG_3084.jpg

Pat,

I used it last night on some BBs and Double Moink Balls. Chit came out good and did not have that fat drip juice smoke! Thanks Man! :biggrin:

Back