Twice Egged Potatoes With Buckboard

thirdeye

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
DSC09451a.jpg

I used some of the buckboard samples I made yeaterday and added it to some twice Egged potatoes last night. They have cheese, roasted garlic, spinach also. These babies are a meal in themselves.... I never realize how much I like them until they are in the plate in front of me.

Do you think these could be frozen and reheated for lunches?

DSC09440a.jpg

DSC09446a.jpg

DSC09448a.jpg

I am sure they will freeze just fine. We make up batches of twice baked all the time, freeze em in vacupacks of 4.

I am sure they will freeze just fine. We make up batches of twice baked all the time, freeze em in vacupacks of 4.

Do you go a little heavier on the seasonings on the ones for freezing, I know things like garlic kind of weaken in some things (like spaghetti sauces) when frozen

It looks like a stake of some type in your potato. Do you use that to determine the doneness?

It looks like a stake of some type in your potato. Do you use that to determine the doneness?

No, that is a potato nail. They are aluminum and about 3/16" in diameter. Since they conduct heat, they help the potato cook both faster and more evenly.

Looks great Thirdeye, loves twice baked taters. I have had frozen ones that were good.

You should have had them in the potato throwdown or did ya? Gotta love a good stuffed tater. Like you said there a whole meal all by themselves. Nice work as always.

Back