Tweaked Brisket (pr0n)

buccaneer

somebody shut me the fark up.
Firstly, I have been so happy with my brethren trained brisket cooks, but being experimental by nature I am always doing something in different ways.
I had a Cape Grimm Natural grass fed brisket, raised in the most pristine conditions on the planet.
IMG_9384_zpscb8010a8.jpg

I made a paste of spicy brown mustard that Bill AussieSmoker sent over from Melbourne, along with some Hatch Chili powder that Boshizzle sent me from the States, with some Australian Mighty Mite. Think vegemite but better, yes..it is even better than Vegemite!
I know most won't believe that is possible, but it is true!
:twitch:

IMG_9382_zpsbb09782b.jpg

IMG_9383_zps80e81340.jpg

I then ground up fresh peppercorns, garlic and sea salt and seasoned it

IMG_9388_zps617b90e8.jpg

Set the BSK up with a big chunk of hickory and a small chunk of mesquite

IMG_2994_zpsb8226858.jpg

The beginning

IMG_2995_zps9f333c6d.jpg

About 5 hours in it was probing with resistance but had come along. I took it out and put it in a foil tray and covered it, and added a honey based mop with red wine and butter simmered into it and put it back in the cooker.
That meant a had an open bottle of delicious Australian wine. Oh, what to do, what to do?

IMG_9393_zps256abfff.jpg

When it was done and probing like butah, I pored off the Brisket tea, that Befef Gold, and defatted it later.

IMG_2998_zpsacb19c43.jpg

Behold, a fabulous tender and moist beefy beefy brisket that is my best yet!

IMG_2997_zps53aa772d.jpg

Thanks Brethren!

Might post some food shots later!

:yo:

Very nice...looks great..how did it taste?
Aussie ingenuity at its finest! I bet it was fantastic!

Thanks!
The most delicious I have done.
You can't beat the feeling when diners groan and swoon!
Tangy yet sweet and a little salty, very beefy!
Mild backgound note of heat from the chili, but a fruity heat.
Hope I can reproduce this!!

I don't believe you so I found a site that sells both vegemite and mighty mite and ordered for delivery to the US.

I've never tasted either but I'm willing to try:crazy:

I don't believe you so I found a site that sells both vegemite and mighty mite and ordered for delivery to the US.

I've never tasted either but I'm willing to try:crazy:

Well done but remember, you have brothers down here!

Y'all are sleeping but here, there are 3 huge sport events playing out.
This sport
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BAaCBC1V1Q"]Greatest AFL marks of all time-The Very Best - YouTube[/ame]
Grand final

Then this sport..warning...no helmets, pads, or alternative teams are employed, no time outs, no ice fans, no special teams...the game is over in 80 minutes ane we play 80 minutes..this could make you feel gay!:laugh: Just teasing!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldXrt3GlFTQ[/ame]

or the only sport God allows in heaven

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fece9_0nuZk"]Best Rugby union Tries and Hits - YouTube[/ame]

so y'all know we are partying hard today and tonight!
I'll post food pics when I am sober enough.
Coupla days!
Hugs and kisses!
Buccs and TFO!
:love:

Back