Turn in boxes....

14th chicken
44th Ribs
21rst Pork
15th Brisket

17th overall out of 78

I was really happy with my chicken and Pork, I thought I would at least get a call. But looking back at the Photo's I can see where I need to improve. And the splotchyness on the Ribs.........Well that's exactly where the lid touches them! :mad:

I was really happy with the way they came out. And I had a brief moment of insanity. I figured the more mass in the box at a cold comp. The warmer they would stay.

Did I mention the Yengling at 9am part?

i was really happy with the way they came out. And i had a brief moment of insanity. I figured the more mass in the box at a cold comp. The warmer they would stay.

Did i mention the yengling at 9am part?

i drank all night.. All morning and all day again. Lol

and man was i shot out.. Lol hahaha

we bombed at dover.. Trying to post pics but wont let me..

Please somebody show me the perfect box.

I don't know if there is such a thing as a perfect box but a lot of these guys get straight 9s on some of their entries. This site has hundreds of great examples and I know we've had a thread or two on high scoring entry boxes before. Use the search function and look for "entry boxes", "putting greens", "high appearance scores", etc.

Very recently, Solidkick posted an awesome brisket box in http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=762031&postcount=38.

There were a lot of great layouts shared in the Am Royal thread: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50321 .

And we covered naked putting greens in http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42500 .

What were your appearance scores on those boxes?

798988= 8.16 for the day
768888= 7.5
777887=7.3
879988=8.16

All in All fair for the day, I tought we got dinged pretty hard in taste though. I was very happy with what we turned in. I know I can improve the apearance. But man the taste was there.

Did I mention the beer at 9am????

798988= 8.16 for the day
768888= 7.5
777887=7.3
879988=8.16

All in All fair for the day, I tought we got dinged pretty hard in taste though. I was very happy with what we turned in. I know I can improve the apearance. But man the taste was there.

Did I mention the beer at 9am????

I like the presentation (but what do I know??)

hey Mutha, what time did you start drinking?:lol:

this is what i do for the garnish.. maybe i am crazy. but think it looks nice. lol

so other than the stem on the upper left corner... which i fixed by the way.. what do you think?!? i think i do a pretty darn good job..

if that is alright i need to see yours.. not one thing hangs out of my box and everything is inside.. my boxes are super clean and get a farkin bath before they even get food or turned in!!

i use q-tips to clean them and keep everything inside!!

You sure are proud of your box.

Now let's see some with some actual meat in them, after all, i do think this is still a meat contest.

.Attached Images
attachment.php

Thats good looking chicken!

Back