turkey injection recommendations?

txags2011

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Andrew
I have a 10lb lil' butterball that im doing tomorrow (sadly not on the drum :cry:) and I wanted to do a good injection cause I am too lazy to brine, any suggestions?

Go to Kroger's and get the butter marinade from Chachere's. They usually include the syringe and needle. It is a decent marinade in a pinch. I use it more than brines, honestly.

both of the above are good also Tony's cajun spice and fresh OJ. fyi norbest and butterball are both pre-brined in the processing.

I mixed apple juice,brown sugar and butter.I warmed it up to melt everything together before I injected it.I cut up 3 apples and put them inside the bird.I was the best one I have ever done.I gave it a sweet taste.

If you want to make your own... Try googling "scottie's creole butter".

I'm up getting mine ready now.

Good luck and enjoy!

My favorite is simple: equal parts of melted butter, honey, and wine. Sometimes I will simmer it for a few minutes with a sprig of fresh rosemary and/or thyme in it.

Go to Kroger's and get the butter marinade from Chachere's. They usually include the syringe and needle. It is a decent marinade in a pinch. I use it more than brines, honestly.

Tony C's is good. I bought a juicer a few years ago and now make my own with butter, onion juice, garlic juice and Zatarains crab boil.

Tony C's jalapeno butter and for more flavor inject in cavity, into breast and thigh and on the outside, different spots. Did one today for a customer, 10# @ 325* in two and a half hours. on the drum, very tasty. I'll try Scottie's next time. Steve.

Back