THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Up early urban hike. Came home fired the Primo Oval XL. Set some sell by beef ribs and headed out on bicycle. Came home chicken wings still mostly froze so placed in instant Pot for 10 minutes. Reaseasoned and added those to Primo. Our little 4x6 garden is producing squash. The little crook neck bumpy kind. Plus zucchini. Bride made a bacon cheesy oniony casserole. I had a leftover Texas Twinky with mine.

Last edited:
Looks mighty fine!
Love the sound of the casserole too. I have summer squash and zucchini coming out of my ears. Recipes/ideas appreciated. :laugh:

At its most basic I had an aunt that would boil quartered yellow squash until tender. She would smash and drain and keep the squash water. She’d then fry chopped bacon and smash the squash up in the bacon and bacon grease. S&P with some butter and good to go. Still one of my favorite ways to eat squash. She usually drank the vegetable water whenever she’d boil something from the garden. She lived to be 95. So it didn’t hurt her

At its most basic I had an aunt that would boil quartered yellow squash until tender. She would smash and drain and keep the squash water. She’d then fry chopped bacon and smash the squash up in the bacon and bacon grease. S&P with some butter and good to go. Still one of my favorite ways to eat squash. She usually drank the vegetable water whenever she’d boil something from the garden. She lived to be 95. So it didn’t hurt her

Thanks so much. Sounds tasty!

It's a shame the rest of your family didn't follow that!

Back