Tri-Tip?

I have looked high and low around my area and no dice on a tri tip. The best I can do is my local butcher that says he always has them on the order but only gets a shipment once about every 6 months. When he gets it he gets 50lbs. I told him to call when the next shipment arrives and I'd see how much freezer space I have at the time. He said "most TT's go to California for grillin'". I'll be curious as to the prices here after hearing what you folks in CA are paying. Hopefully I can get my hands on some. Most folks look at you crazy asking for a TT in this area. What a shame.

Damn, I paid $9.99 a pound for one from a butcher this past weekend, had a 1/2 in of fat on it too. But it was yummy, hit it with a little EVOO, garlic, salt and pepper. 350 indirect until 125, dropped the grate and finished 3 min on each side direct, rested for 15 min. It was nails, about 2.5 lbs worth. I did find them at Trader Joe's for about $14 for that same approx weight. Costco here stopped carrying them, sucks for me.

Back