THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You can take a tri tip up to about 160, foil it with juices/sauce added, back in low and slow and get an impatient man's brisket, about an hour more. (to about 180). Your wife would like that.
When I do that, my wife complains it's too done. So I usually do a sear, then indirect and take a tri tip to 130. Nice red, moist center. Even done this way, cut her slices off the thinner , more well done ends. It's a hugely versatile cut of flavorful beef.

Rodney----nice slicing against the grain. I'll bet that was tender Good goin'

Thanks! Yeah, especially the second one that I sliced really thin. I really liked it that way. You could hold up a slice and it'd start to tear under its own weight... :thumb: I hope I don't have to get 'em from Bel Air to get that quality result again... they were expensive! Something like $7/lb.

Back