Tri-Tip French Dip Sandwich (TD Pron)

THoey1963

somebody shut me the fark up.
Name or Nickame
Terry
Been wanting to make another Tri-Tip, well, since the last time I made a Tri-Tip. I had one seasoned up with SPOG in a vacuum bag in the freezer, so I pulled it out a couple days ago and cooked it for dinner last night. Added a little more black pepper to the outside as some came off in the bag.

IMG_3114_zpsdf9acc04.jpg

It was mid-week and cool / misty out, so I decided the gasser would do fine. Cooked it indirectly to 110* and then threw it on the griddle side of the GrillGrates over direct heat to get a nice sear. Let it rest for about 15 minutes before slicing it.

IMG_3115_zpsa5776fb5.jpg

Wife was bothering me right before I pulled it off, so it went a little over temp on me...

IMG_3116_zps89d4f478.jpg

Sliced it thin and against the grain and it was still pretty tender and juicy. Served with a jazzed up box of pasta salad.

IMG_3117_zpsed72692e.jpg

Close up:

IMG_3118_zps7c3813d2.jpg

Today was the day I was waiting for. Tri-Tip Sandwiches... Sliced the meat really thin and against the grain.

IMG_3119_zps50b96d58.jpg

Caramelized some onion, green pepper, and jalapeno.

IMG_3120_zps205d447a.jpg

Built the sandwich on a Ciabatta roll with the veggies and some Monterrey Jack Cheese. Oh, and a bowl of that instant Au Jus stuff and a little more pasta salad. Next time I will try to use a drip pan and see if I can make my own Au Jus.

IMG_3121_zpsbd6e686d.jpg

Close up:

IMG_3122_zps14e85b39.jpg

And a bite:

IMG_3123_zps72991abc.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Thanks Y'all. I am stuffed. Again. Wife scarfed all the rest of the veggies and 3 or 4 slices of meat. I think I have enough for one more sandwich tomorrow.

Can't really complain about the cost of the meat when it is that good and is good for three meals.

Who you calling a dip? And I'm not French. You must have me confused with Jed :confused:

Oh yeah... Nice sandwich! :thumb:

Back