THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RenegadePitBoy

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Hello from North Carolina!!

My name is John and I am one of the pitmasters for Sam Jones BBQ in Greenville, NC.. We have the same whole pig product as Skylight Inn(trained here a month before the new place opened), except we use more modern cookers and cook a larger variety of food. In the pit house I cook pigs, turkey breast, whole chickens, ribs and chicken wings. We use Sam's custom grills he had BQ Grills make and we also have a J&R smoke master oven for our Ribs and chicken. I recently was flown to NY for the Big Apple BBQ block party with Sam and a team of people representing both our restaurant and Skylight... It was fun, but lots of hard work.. I cooked 15 pigs and 64 shoulders/butts in two long days.. (BTW I had some beef ribs from I believe Homestead in NY.. To die for!)It's a good job, well customers treat you like a star.. Very thankful and full of wonder. It's a dirty, hot.. Extremely hot.. Hard job.. Well hard because of elements you deal with.. The pay isn't great.. but I'm from Baltimore so I'm used to a bit more than they pay down here! It's also awesome that we often have tv cameras here and get to meet some "important" people! I personally have been on a local news channel and in NY I was interviewed by a Russian Travel channel. Recently I have been considering getting a crew together for competitions... Hope you all don't mind if I flood you with pics and any other information as it comes to me!!! Happy Grilling all!!

I tried uploading some photos, a few times.. It would do one, but if I tried anymore it said something about a security token missing.. I'll share a bunch as soon as I can figure it out!

Welcome to the forum from down here in Victoria.
Nice friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Back