trailer cooker modifications

eclay

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Name or Nickame
ed
Hello everyone, i'm the new guy on the forum, thanks for the add! I was recently on a father/son(s) weekend with a bunch of other guys. We had to scramble to find a trailer pig cooker/smoker to feed everyone for the weekend. This really bothered me that I didn't have ready access to a big cooker, so I bought one for our group the following week. Like many of the impulsive, quick decisions I have made in my 45 years on earth, there was a hint of regret that I should have done a little more research before jumping right in. So I have this huge trailer cooker and I want to make some changes to it. It was sold as a reverse flow smoker, but in actuality it is not reverse flow. After this long rambling introduction, my question is where on this forum would be the appropriate place to post a thread asking for ideas to help improve the trailer, and post updates as I make the modifications? I have an idea of what changes I would like to make, but I do not know if what I want to do is practical, or even possible without a total rebuild. I did break it in the first weekend with 10lb chicken, 2 racks of St. Louis ribs, and a large round beef sirloin, and it all came out fantastic! Thanks for everyone help in advance, I have already learned more in the past couple of days from this forum about bbq than i have learned on my own in 20 years!

Attachments

• RealMan Trailer Cooker.jpg
    RealMan Trailer Cooker.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 9
  • Realman Trailer Cooker2.jpg
    Realman Trailer Cooker2.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 9
  • RealMan Trailer Cooker3.jpg
    RealMan Trailer Cooker3.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 9
  • RealMan Trailer Cooker4.jpg
    RealMan Trailer Cooker4.jpg