Trailer build

dan_wrider

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
dan
Hey everybody. FNG here.
First off thanks for the warm welcome around here everyone. More than hospitable folks.

As I stated in my cattle call welcome thread, I'm from Conroe Texas and have participated in the Montgomery co. cookoff here for 10 of the last 12 years or so. This has been on a company team where I work but unfortunately that team is no longer the same so a few of us are going to start our own team and do a few smaller cookouts throughout the year to get our fix. To be honest, I believe I/we will not miss the pace we had to run at to feed that many folks over a 3 day period anyway.

I found this place looking for ideas about building a small trailer smoker so now that I've started accumulating some pieces, I thought I'd take y'all with me on this build.

Did not get any pics of the trailer while it was still buried in the mud with truck parts all over so, not really the beginning but close enough.

Attachments

• IMG_0661.jpg
    IMG_0661.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 281
  • IMG_0663.jpg
    IMG_0663.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 281
  • IMG_0664.jpg
    IMG_0664.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG_0665.jpg
    IMG_0665.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 281
Happy birthday to me Happy birthday to me :wink:

Picked up the pit for the trailer yesterday! Birthday present to myself.
Im so thoughtful!

Anyway, she's hangin from an engine hoist in the shop till we can figure the mods to get her mounted on the trailer.

Attachments

• IMG_0774.JPG
    IMG_0774.JPG
    158.1 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_0775.JPG
    IMG_0775.JPG
    139.6 KB · Views: 97
lots of leftover space for beer coolers

That will b the theme of this trailer is plenty of room. Every pit I worked on a trailer seemed like you had to turn sideways at some point to cook. That pit going right up over where that spare tire is now and that closest side (pass side) will have stainless counter all the way down with cut board, sink and possibly a couple of propane burners.

Back