Tough Times Call For Tough Measures--Sort Of

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Sako
Like making three meals out of a pork butt since people are ransacking the stores due to the panic. Was lucky to score some 14" tortillas too so I was game :clap2:

Scored a nice Prairie Fresh butt

Wvyf6YVh.jpg

Night one was al pastor. Sliced the money muscle end of it. Marbling was crazy as you can see

gNEZrULh.jpg

Marinated it for a couple hours

DwEs6rYh.jpg

On the redhead indirect for a quick minute

oQH5597h.jpg

Then direct for the char

52FlyI4h.jpg

Done!

9lhO8deh.jpg

Chopped it

jpWvuleh.jpg

On the tortilla with beans and cheese

8za8OM3h.jpg

Onions, cilantro, salsa roja and verde

pbzCjanh.jpg

Light toast on the CI and served

iLNnpJSh.jpg

:hungry:

vlcUJTdh.jpg

Extra salsa please

LbflY3Xh.jpg

Night two was carnitas

yVDZCebh.jpg

It was raining so I used my pressure cooker XL. Started with a quick sear

wQHMQOth.jpg

Did the dumps next and let it cook

hJL6bx6h.jpg

About 30 mins and done

Uh4tK4fh.jpg

NGd1udch.jpg

Know what I did with it?? Well, I had the tortillas :laugh:

YJ97fYnh.jpg

Same deal as the al pastor

5zxw3S6h.jpg

Toasted on the CI

pXrCWdSh.jpg

Bam!!! Farkin' Killer!

56V1KvMh.jpg

Since times are tough in scoring butts or protein in general, the rest turned into home made SPAM. Don't knock it till you tried it

77sCFQeh.jpg

Thanks for looking! Hope everyone is doing good during these tough times.

Sooo, if I,m housebound you could slip some over?
Rats just remembered our Borders are locked.
Looks awesome mate

Sooo, if I,m housebound you could slip some over?
Rats just remembered our Borders are locked.
Looks awesome mate

Well, if you manage to escape, you've got a spot Titch.

Thank you! :thumb:

Man you killed it with those cooks Sako the money muscle pastor looks legit delicious!

Thanks Bob! I usually separate the MM into filets and grill them like filet mignon steaks but this MM was just screaming to be turned into al pastor.

:clap2: Sure Wish you had put your Cabin in Texas somewheres.............. :grin: .....esp Lakefront Texas..........

Do fill us in on the homemade spam recipe! I love the stuff. haha

I use brethren Larry's (The Wolfe Pit) recipe per 5lbs of pork BUT:

I use 1/2 tsp pink curing salt #1 (DQ, Prague Powder etc.) combined with 5 tsp of sea salt instead of TenderQuick. Rest of the recipe is the same. If you use TenderQuick then it's as the video states. It's great since you cut down significant amounts of sodium and really appreciate this fine pork product.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOvAMWupNcs

oh oh oh and I add a dash of garlic powder. About a 1/2 tsp to the whole recipe.

:clap2: Sure Wish you had put your Cabin in Texas somewheres.............. :grin: .....esp Lakefront Texas..........

I'm not liking Cali more and more everyday so you never know. :mrgreen: This was at the crib though and not the cabin.

Last edited:
I'll have to try making that spam! Thanks!
I don't care much for spam, but sliced, smoked regular spam. I make alot of. :hungry:

It all looks fantastic Sako!

Now lets talk about homemade spam... Info please!

Absolutely killing it! Those burritos... just so much going on in the pics. I can almost taste them.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Question about the homemade Spam. I watched the video, after grinding both the ham and pork butt he adds the slurry which includes the nitrite cure. But, ham is already cured, so how does that work?

Killer B burritos, Sako! I loved seeing the Red Head in action - that was some perfectly sliced and marinated porky goodness on that cooker!

I think you are most definitely the unquestioned resident burrito king here! Those look absolutely killer!!!

Back