THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

qnbiker

is Blowin Smoke!
Name or Nickame
Lew
People rave about my Q. I teach others and am constantly being asked for advice. I cook for decent sized groups. I thought I was really good at this, but my frame of reference was skewed. I've had other people's Q, but I've seen very few of them actually cook. This summer, I went to a bbq school and 2 bbq contests. My frame of reference has been corrected.

I felt pretty competent in the school compared to the other students, but the guys putting it on really knew what they were doing. At the contests, I saw 40 or more teams at each and they also knew what they were doing. I am set in my bbq ways and think that if a neighbor doesn't do it the way I do it, he's simply wrong. Then, I saw people teaching, competing, and winning setting up their pits completely differently than me.

My hat's off to those of you who compete (and run schools). My opinion of my abilities has been put in perspective. A dose of humility is always a good thing.

Back