Top 100 BBQ sauces of the world?

SBR tastes good but I think it's waaaaaay overrated.
I vote for the ones that taste very good in balance and don't hold liquid smoke in them.

for those questioning SBR..the number 2 criteria is total retail sales..so them being up there on the list makes sense

The liquid smoke in SBR ruins it for me.

I won't put BBQ sauce with liquid smoke on BBQ. Fries maybe. Why spend hours gently enveloping your meat with the smoke flavor of your choice only to cover it with that chit is beyond me.

SBR is OK in my opinion, but not #1. Original Blues Hog and Big Butz not even on the list? I have been thinking about this lately. Is there a way to get a Brethren BBQ sauce list? You really need to list all the commercial sauces and have a poll where you could select yes, no, or never tried it on each one. Then you could determine a winner. Mods-is it possible?

We have to remember the sauces made by fellow brethren and others that don't even market them for whatever reason.
For instance, I use drippings from whatever I 'que'd to flavor my sauce and it's made as the meat rests and it's usually put on the side as a condiment to be used by whoever. No way I could bottle that and sell it.

SBR is too sweet, I agree. There are a lot better sauces. I have mine shipped from Chicago:

http://www.rib1.com/sauces-and-spices.php

Charlie Robinson's. I have them ship me a case or two every year. Texas has a lot of good sauces that are a lot better than most of this list, but I agree most good que doesn't need sauce.

Call me crazy, but Sticky Fingers has some of the best sauce ever. I realize they lose "cool" points for being a franchise, but they're still good as anything I've ever had.

Call me crazy, but Sticky Fingers has some of the best sauce ever. I realize they lose "cool" points for being a franchise, but they're still good as anything I've ever had.

I guess it's a case of what you like. I can't stand anything at Sticky Fingers. But that is just me. Someone must like them since they seem to be doing a good business. They cater it in at work periodically and I have left to eat somewhere else some of those. If we all had the same tastes though, there wouldn't be 100 sauces to choose from.

Ya, SBR, too sweet for me. I think its bc thats the only taste I get outta it. Just sweet. Im pretty obsessed with all BH though. I have been using BH Smokey Mountain on all my bbq lately and its awesome. I need to try more, but i just cant get myself to stop. Its like crack. lol

For what it might be worth, a lot of online sites with lists like this generate them from stuff they themselves have tried. I don't know about the rest of the brethren sauce and rub makers but, I am not a fan of sending out my products for "reviewing" by any site that requests them for free. Because of this, my products don't end up on alot of these lists but, it really doesn't bother me. :becky:

I don't know about the rest of the brethren sauce and rub makers but, I am not a fan of sending out my products for "reviewing" by any site that requests them for free. Because of this, my products don't end up on alot of these lists but, it really doesn't bother me. :becky:
I think you are missing a chunk of the sauce market out there by thinking that. I have sent my sauce to a few of those review sites and in fact have gotten quite a bit of business out of it. you never know who is reading those sites. You have quite a few small stores and internet resellers who go to those sites to find out whats out there among the thousands of sauces for them to carry in their inventory.
To me its great advertising at the mere cost of a shipping a bottle of sauce in mail.

Back