Too Much Chicken

{hey,. my first reply} Quesadillas sound good. At this very moment, however, I'm constructing flatbread pizzas with (previously) roasted chicken and some sauteed zucchini. Gotta use up the zucchini any way I can.

Hard to beat chicken enchiladas... but with chicken the options are endless...

Yep. I almost always intentionally cook extra chicken. We keep a couple bags of shredded chicken in the freezer for those nights when we need to throw something together real quick.

Some of my favorite:
  • tacos
  • spicy chicken salad
  • chicken soup
  • chicken pot pie

My Fam Likes it when I make "White Chicken Lasagna" Use the chicken instead of ground beef" Use creme of mushroom soup and creme of chicken soup, with only half of the water so it stays thick instead of Tomato sauce, add some vegetables like peas & carrots, and there ya go. :icon_bigsmil Bush

And if you do the above but use plantains instead of lasagna noodles you end up with Pastelon, a very tasty dish of Puerto Rican (I believe) origin!

enchilada casserole in the outdoor dutch oven is my pick.

Good suggestions guys... I made more chicken salad and then I made a nice and sweet BBQ sauce and simmered the smoked chicken and served it on whole wheat buns with smoked Gouda. Served it with fresh homemade creamed corn, collards out of the garden, fried cabbage from the garden, homemade mac-n-cheese and a summer salad of cukes and maders from the garden with a homes made buttermilk ranch dressing and for desert, homemade zucchini bread. Sorry no pics but it was BANGIN!!!

Good suggestions guys... I made more chicken salad and then I made a nice and sweet BBQ sauce and simmered the smoked chicken and served it on whole wheat buns with smoked Gouda. Served it with fresh homemade creamed corn, collards out of the garden, fried cabbage from the garden, homemade mac-n-cheese and a summer salad of cukes and maders from the garden with a homes made buttermilk ranch dressing and for desert, homemade zucchini bread. Sorry no pics but it was BANGIN!!!

Sorry about my post. I was hoping a mod would delete it because I couldn't.

I don't think you should take any chances keeping it and making any of the disgusting stuff that has been sugested here. Just pack it up with a little dry ice and send it to me. I'll take one for the team and make something out of it.

Ok, just kidding Ricks creation looks awesome!

Left over bird

Make yourself some Cocunut Chicken, ate some the other day at a Kings Buffet and it is the best I have ever ate.

I made this with leftover chicken, my bourbon maple chicken on garlic toast with cucumber tsunemono (Japanese quick pickle).
P7170082.jpg

Could I ask a question?? Why would you pick the chicken before it was leftovers???

My favorite leftover chicken is still on the bone, right out of the fridge. A little shake of salt to re-crisp the skin and into the microwave for about a minute...

But, one it's been picked, there's chicken and rice casserole. My mom always made it real cheesey with broccolli........

Back