I have another build on here that is the same type smoker with more pics if you search for it. Not sure where it is tho....I can try looking
Thanks, Great job. Do you have more pictures, I have a similar project. You have a better setup on the reverse flow.

I'm headed to Midwest City
Nice job! What park of Okieland are you from? I grew up in SW OK near Lawton.

I already have one of these, this one is for my father....and yes I do love these things
Looks wonderful I think you will like that type of smoker.

I knew a lot of good welders and fabricators in Wyoming when I lived and worked in the oil patch during the boom, but your work is awesome!

Quick question. I can see most things in the pictures (thanks) but not where the heat/smoke starts it initial exit into the walls before of the cooker. I do see where it exits into the food chamber, am I missing something?

Doc

*EDIT* nope wait I see it now.

Shoot Jerod, if you're coming to Oklahoma.. you can drop that off at my house! :becky:
Looks great, you do nice work!! :thumb:

Well we finished up the fab work on the smoker today….got the handles and doors done along with the exhaust. Time to head down to Oklahoma and get this baby powder coated…. curious to see if any one notices anything in these pics????? Today was a long day tho, down to the last bolt and it stripped out……3 hours later we had her done tho…Not something I want to go through again. Here are the pics and thanks for lookin!!!!

Opened up and racks pulled out
DSC_0006-1.jpg

just open
DSC_0005-1.jpg

closed up with the latches needing a little adjustment tomorrow
DSC_0002-2.jpg

another look
DSC_0004-1.jpg

exhaust
DSC_0003-1.jpg

big enough to smoke a small messican
DSC_0007-2.jpg

tryin to find that piece of metal that I left in my finger
DSC_0008-1.jpg

:thumb:Nice work....sharp welding and great design...

Nice lil B-2 bomber on the stack man!

Does/Did your Dad have a B-2 connection?

I live by Whiteman Air Base...we get to see them on a regular basis...awe inspiring!

P.S. You are an awesome son to be doing this for your Dad. If you ever need adopting just let me know....:thumb::clap2::thumb:

Last edited:
Thanks....My dad was a engineer on the B2 project for many years so it's close to his heart..Wish I could see them on a regular bases....I don;t need adopting but I might be able to find you a kid or two if your interested :becky:
:thumb:Nice work....sharp welding and great design...

Nice lil B-2 bomber on the stack man!

Does/Did your Dad have a B-2 connection?

I live by Whiteman Air Base...we get to see them on a regular basis...awe inspiring!

P.S. You are an awesome son to be doing this for your Dad. If you ever need adopting just let me know....:thumb::clap2::thumb:

Finally the smoker got delivered to my Dad's from the powder coater...They really screwed up and I am not sure what will be done about it...The OU was supposed to be WHITE and it was also placed in the wrong spot....They also powder coated the inside:doh: The finish is great but if you live in Oklahoma City area do not use Topps powder coating they haven't a clue about getting what the customer wants done, they do it how they think it should be done. We will decide by Monday whether we are going to have them take it back and fix it or not....Oh another thing is they coated the channel where the gasket needs to be glued in with stove glue...not sure if that will even stick to powder coating :confused:

Here she is
dads_smoker.jpg

It looks awesome anyway! Sucks that they screwed up and didn't follow your instructions. Make them fix it! I know your dad will enjoy this for a long time.

Yep, it's a beaut! If they didn't do the job to your specs then they should be obligated to correcting it at no charge, even if that means taking it back down to bare metal.

That is a awesome job!!!! Your attention to detail and fine craftsmanship are very evident. If the seal glues in with silicone I would suggest you just test a small piece for adhesion. It would be good if it did and you would not have to worry about rust in the channels. Powder coat on the inside I wonder what that would do in service. If it is high temp powder coat would it hurt anything? If it will not come off and dose not put off anything harmfull? maybe you got a great new rust proof interior. Guessing it is not a high temp though?

Awesome smoker but it looks like it may have some sort of skin disease. "Scooner Pox" If you get the temps high enough you might be able to burn it off. I'd recommend filling the smoke chamber about 2/3 of the way with charcoal and apply approx. 2 bottles of lighter fluid you might be able to get rid of it. ;)

Back