Today's Nonsense - Spare Ribs, or Don't You Go to Work?!?

SVTNate

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Nate
3:50 PM. Orange County, California. Time for another cook! I couldn't be bothered to go to work today, so my "hot and fast" plan has evolved into a longer cook for these ribs.

This morning I prepped the rack, cut it in half, rubbed, foiled, and tossed it in the fridge.

13DXsZj.jpg

The rubs -

hrTiFNQ.jpg

Which is which? I already lost track, who cares anyway. They're both delicious. My best friend and I are going to destroy these later tonight.

As I mentioned, I couldn't be bothered with going to work today, so I decided to do what will basically be 3-2-1 ribs. Let's open up the Rec Tec app on my phone, and....

Lhw5vlL.jpg

Almost ready!

What's the timeline for this cook? Well, I wrote it out for y'all... just kidding, I wrote it out for me! You'll see why in a minute.

I8MHsoh.jpg

Rib candy. It's a real thing.

AKZvFRA.jpg

How does one cook outdoors without cigars and alcohol? I'll never know.

EDOfyJC.jpg

It's early, God help me. I wrote out my timeline because I might, you know, forget, as the night goes on.

To be continued....

I do a 2-2-.5 now that I know the running temps of my rig. Just make sure they past the bend test. Would also ask why you cut them in half?

The follies just continue out west, don't they? That's how you follow up a great chicken cook.

Breaking open that bottle with some half spares? I'd like to see what you open up with great wagyu cut.:-D

I did POUNDS of wagyu a few weeks back before I joined this forum.

Wagyu ribeye and Picanha

Life is too short my friend! My lady is vegan-ish (I know, I know) and I texted her a pic of the ribs. I have another rack for Saturday.

She said "I might have to eat these heavy meats"

Yes, baby girl, yes. You might.

Macallan 18 will be on deck

Let's go eat some ribs, friends. I'll get a pic or two.

I have a tradition in my house. We eat off the cutting board on the kitchen island, AND....

The Sonos system only plays Frank Sinatra when BBQ is being served. Weird, right?

I need another glass of this incredible bourbon.

I'll take your word for it champ. :thumb:

I did POUNDS of wagyu a few weeks back before I joined this forum.

Wagyu ribeye and Picanha

Life is too short my friend! My lady is vegan-ish (I know, I know) and I texted her a pic of the ribs. I have another rack for Saturday.

She said "I might have to eat these heavy meats"

Yes, baby girl, yes. You might.

Macallan 18 will be on deck

I'll take your word for it champ. :thumb:

La Carniceria in Bellflower, go check it out! Great prices and great meats.

Their dry chorizo is also excellent.

They are opening a location in OC soon and I'm excited! Bellflower is a bit of a hike for me.

La Carniceria in Bellflower, go check it out! Great prices and great meats.

Their dry chorizo is also excellent.

They are opening a location in OC soon and I'm excited! Bellflower is a bit of a hike for me.

I've been to Bellflower but I prefer their South Gate location closer to work. Agree on the chorizo.

Back