THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

gtsum

Babbling Farker
Working from home today I thought i would mess around with some cooking.....some pics of last night's chops, and of course I needed a hearty breakfast to get me going today! Going to throw a slab of spares on in a bit, and then will be throwing two 14 lb briskets on for an overnight cook. I am going to try injecting one (never done that before) and the other one normal. Going to plan on cooking them at 200 or so for a few hours to try and set the ring, and then ramp it up to 270 or so and see what happens...I will update as I go along...maybe I will make a few calls today and actually get some work done?!?!

Last edited:
Some spares for dinner. The 2 1/2 year old ate 2 full ribs himself:) These came out right tasty....briskets will go on late tonight and go all night - we are too get 12 inches of snow tonight, so it should be fun!

Last edited:
thanks fellas..the breakfast was shared with my German Shorthair Pointer and Boston Terrier..the ribs. I was shocked at how much of the ribs my son (2 1/2) ate..he saw the pics of the ribs on the screen afterwards and said he wanted more!

I did not get my briskets on last night so I put them on this morning and tried 200 for about 3 hours, 250 for about 2 hours, 275 for an hour, and then bumped him to 300 to finish. It snowed for 12 hours today and the Primo/bbq guru combo did a great job...we ended up with about 12 inches today...

The brisket was very good, but the flat was a bit overcooked - not enough tug for me....I injected it with beef broth, garlic powder, onion powder, and some of my rub and wooster sauce...I really could not tell a difference compared to my normal brisket....perhaps it is because the flat was a bit over cooked??

Last edited:
Back