THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

someone please elaborate on this...white castle stuffing might be the best sounding thing i've ever heard of if it is what it sounds like!!!

White Castle Stuffing as in the the little square sliders? Interesting sounds good with all the onions and all. Hmmm...........

DSC04155a.jpg

I have a hard enough time cooking a whole
Turkey.gif
so I'm in the camp that cooks dressing in a separate pan. A couple of years ago I cooked mine in pieces, I figured it would get there sooner of later anyway...​

someone please elaborate on this...white castle stuffing might be the best sounding thing i've ever heard of if it is what it sounds like!!!

its easy.. buy a sack of white castles, tear them apart and stuff the bird with em(add celery, sage, thyme and drippings,or stock). Or just tear them apart,a dd the cleery, etc, and use it as a base with some(small amount) pepperidge stuffing mix. Bake it a casserole with some of the drippings(or stock)from the turkey.

On EDIT: *Warning* Stuffing will have the exact same side effects at 3PM after turkey dinner as eating the belly bombers at 2AM right after licking the last of your beer off the bar floor.

DSC04155a.jpg

I have a hard enough time cooking a whole
Turkey.gif
so I'm in the camp that cooks dressing in a separate pan. A couple of years ago I cooked mine in pieces, I figured it would get there sooner of later anyway...​

I thought seriously about this approach..."Honey, how can I possibly stuff this bird if it's in pieces?"
But chances are I'd then catch grief for not having the bird in tact.

I'll likely do the bird with NO stuffing and do the stuffing seperately. Then just to make things look good I'll toss a little pre-cooked stuffing in the bird just before it's done. Everyone's happy.

its easy.. buy a sack of white castles, tear them apart and stuff the bird with em(add celery, sage, thyme and drippings,or stock). Or just tear them apart,a dd the cleery, etc, and use it as a base with some(small amount) pepperidge stuffing mix. Bake it a casserole with some of the drippings(or stock)from the turkey.QUOTE]

I could never make this. The sliders would never make it to the bird. Maybe if I got 2 sacks.....:redface:

i posted my andouille crawfish stuffing which goes into the bird after it hits 165 minimum. but i do soak pineapple chunks w/ capt. morgans,brown sugar,thyme,sage,pecans,& simple syrup- soak for a week in the fridge & stuff bird- remove & toss. makes a great sweet fruity rummy bird...
not to be confused w/ a gay deckhand....:shock:

I stuff the chit out of it! Its called stuffing for a reason and why else would turkeys come with a big whole in it!!!!! lol

I actually do it because I prefer stuffing cooked with the meat. So I do one stuffed in the oven and the past couple of years another unstuffed smoked in the cooker. I also make enough that we have another pan of not stuffed stuffing.

Back