THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

rwalters

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Name or Nickame
Robb
I slept like a baby and woke to this...

PS: Just messin’ w/ you SB boys. Wish I could be just half as manly as y’all are :)

f79f8b7129e4fcd2af3c8b65121c6f14.jpg

7c2168011b1d162ee70693734e074be1.jpg

83fa89b6cf5c4229dc6bb02e79284b87.jpg

I stick burn but I never lose sleep. I'm usually done by dinner time. :becky: :thumb:

Looking killer Robb! I'm throwing a butt on tomorrow. On the stick burner. :laugh:

What seasoning did you use? Color looks amazing.

Butt looks very nice!

I just made 15lbs bratwurst mix to stuff into casing Sunday and smoke a few with my butt....

ok off to make 4lbs breakfast sausage .. keep on smoking!

I stick burn but I never lose sleep. I'm usually done by dinner time. :becky: :thumb:

Looking killer Robb! I'm throwing a butt on tomorrow. On the stick burner. :laugh:

What seasoning did you use? Color looks amazing.

As much as I love stick burning, it ain’t happening with a houseful of kids... lol. Honestly, I’m not 100% sure I’ll ever have a stick burner again, even as an empty nester. Perhaps I am wrong, but I love what I have :)

As far as rub...

4e0dfed27d6c47ba850fffe93b266e0b.jpg

That's a beautiful butt.
As far as stick burning goes, I've been at it for almost a year now and the more I do it the more I like it. I always get an early start though and never do overnighters.

That's a beautiful butt.
As far as stick burning goes, I've been at it for almost a year now and the more I do it the more I like it. I always get an early start though and never do overnighters.

I hear ya loud and clear. I used to burn sticks... and it’s a blast. That’s why I always ask guys/gals a bunch of questions when they start asking for cooker advice. We are all different, and have different needs/wants in a cooker. Gotta figure out what works best for you and yours and get to cookin’ :)

Looks great Robb! I’ll just say this; I made my best ribs and best brisket ever on my offset last weekend. I don’t see the MAK getting much use anymore. I was tired though after the brisket cook. Still, definitely worth the effort.

Butt looks good Robb and if I was doing them on the MAK I'd go with the long game too. Last 5 or so I've done have taken 4 1/4 to 5hrs, oh and they have been awesome too. When I do get a stick burner it's going to be 275-300+ on cooks no reason to go low & slow (unless you want to) except on a Pellet Grill.

That looks amazing! I still refuse to cook over night! I know a lot of guys that do it.. But even on my silverbac I do enjoy checking in on the food and cooker see how its running. I don't care if I have thermometers, alarms.. I know pellet cookers are known to flame out at random times for some reason... and if I bell starts ringing while I'm sleep I'd jump up like the house is on fire LOL!

Not to worry - they're half as manly as they think they are [emoji3]

leaving.gif
Yes I am! Does that make Rob half of that? We're starting to get into TP math here. [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That looks amazing! I still refuse to cook over night! I know a lot of guys that do it.. But even on my silverbac I do enjoy checking in on the food and cooker see how its running. I don't care if I have thermometers, alarms.. I know pellet cookers are known to flame out at random times for some reason... and if I bell starts ringing while I'm sleep I'd jump up like the house is on fire LOL!

Thanks buddy! Man, I have done hundreds of overnight cooks over the years. Haven’t burned the house down yet (knock on wood).

Back