TMG Pits Heritage or Outlaw Patio

DaveM

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Name or Nickame
Dave
Trying to decide on my next stick burner. I live near Columbus, OH and like to cook through the winter. These pits both offer insulated fire boxes (either standard or as an option) and are pretty close in price with similarly equipped. I like the industrial look of the Heritage and it can be had as either traditional (top) flow or reverse flow. However, all the models on the website are reverse flows and it seems this is their main configuration. The Outlaw Patio fit and finish looks exceptional and lots more on YouTube (Swine Life BBQ and Making it MOJO) showing in action. Looks like a fantastic setup for a top flow design. I have run reverse flow stick burners (Shirley cabinet) but never a top flow. But it looks like temps and a clean fire should be fairly easy to manage on either pit. I know I could fit more food on the Heritage reverse flow but I mostly cook for my family so not a huge deal for me.

What do you think?

If I decide to pull the trigger, I’ll be selling my Shirley 24x42. I really like it but want something that looks a bit more traditional on the patio.

Check out Making it MOJO YouTube channel. His Outlaw Patio has a rust patina. Not sure if he just got it unpainted and let it go or the folks at Outlaw did that for him.

always wondered that. Still dont know what I am going to do with outlaw/jambo clone building this year. Either raw or paint

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back