THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bob3

Knows what a fatty is.
Ok, I know this may sound a little strange, but it is working well for me...
I'm in the northeast. There is plenty of icy snow feet from my cookers. I get it going and hot, then grab about a softball size block of icy snow. I use it scrub with force on the hot grill grates. It melts as you scrub, creating moisture so it is more effective than a brush. It also forms to the grill grate like those wood paddles used for cleaning. When done, after a few passes, there will be a little water on the grates. You could let it quickly evaporate or I sometimes take a paper towel and wipe up the residual moisture because this will have a little grime on it. It's easy and I've never gotten the grates cleaner!

Sounds pretty cool and I'd do it but...

I live where we don't get much snow. The few times a decade we do get some, it's a treat.

And I like it that way.

Guess I'll have to stick to the wooden paddles and balls of foil for grate cleaning.

Back