Throwdown choice?

Which throwdown would you choose first to enter?

• Eggs

Votes: 23 85.2%
  • Lamb

Votes: 4 14.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

food4thot

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Erik, E
Won the recent Soups, Stews & Chili TD, giving me choice of the next TD feature item.

I picked eggs...any method/style. The powers that be have been fighting me on my choice, claiming it wouldn't get enough entries.

Made me pick a second choice so went with lamb, another favorite of mine. Fine with that but kinda PO'd eggs were not considered acceptable.

According to TPTB, there hasn't been an egg TD since 2010. Last lamb TD was 2019.

Last edited:
tabletalk11.jpg

My perspective - I eat eggs very often. Almost never in the process of cooking those eggs, do I involve a grill, smoker, etc. Maaaybe a griddle, but usually not even that. I dont eat much lamb either, but I'd personally have an easier time involving one of the throwdown approved cooking device for that than I would eggs.

Moved by admin.

I returned this to throwdowns for a single reason. It's related directly to throwdowns and it seems to mod team that it was designed to go outside realm of the throwdowns to folks not involved. The issue is legit and should receive input from the throwdown participants.

Keep it civil..

carry on ladies. :p

sorry folks, I was responding on my phone before. In my attempt to be brief and just explain the move from WP in my above response, i guess things came across wrong.

first off, we cant be taking throwdown stuff out of the throwdown forum to woodpile just to get the outside world involved when theres a disagreement. Its kind of like airing dirty laundry across forums and everyone know we frown upon that.

When i said its a legit issue, i was referring to the throw down mods requesting a different option if they see problem.

I think if theirs an issue to be discussed PUBLICLY, then the throwdown lounge may be a better place. But please dont bring private issues to the general populace unless its agreed to among the all the private party participants.

and finally, the general forum rules apply here in throwdowns also. Specifically, the moderators decisions are final. Disagreements should be handled privately thru PM and should not be aired publicly.

please dont take this as reprimands. It is NOT.. just trying to keep things light and avoid hard feelings in something thats is 99.9% fun.

phil

My apologies to all. Didn't mean to [strike]ruffle any feathers :tape:[/strike] cause any commotion.

I thought eggs would be an interesting change of pace and a way to bump up the number of TD entries. Versatile. Easy to work smoke into an egg dish. Use to make bacon, potato, onion frittata on the OTS when camping.

This forum is the best place to find food creativity/ideas, whether it be the main or sides. Was looking forward to what would come out of it.

ftr...eggs can be smoked

Scotch Bonnet Eggs are sooooo 2010......

LOL

Man, this brought back some memories, the wasted attempts went to the dogs.

Labrador egg farts, yum!
Part of what makes attempting an egg dish fascinating. The possibilities are endless...:biggrin1:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back