THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coz

is Blowin Smoke!
We fired the beast up this morning and threw some butts in.I got the first case of butts rubbed and realized I was out of the chosen rub :icon_blush::eek: How the FARK DID I RUN OUT OF YARDBIRD!!!!!!!! Finished them out with some other stuff my buddy had.Quite windy here today and she is holding temp well but charcoal consumption is not pretty.

Attachments

• 2nd cook 001 (Small).jpg
    2nd cook 001 (Small).jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 161
  • 2nd cook 003 (Small).jpg
    2nd cook 003 (Small).jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 160
  • 2nd cook 005 (Small).jpg
    2nd cook 005 (Small).jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 159
  • 2nd cook 007 (Small).jpg
    2nd cook 007 (Small).jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 161
Thanks for the slide show.One of these days I have to sit down and mess with it.Not enuff play time.I added a couple of the finished butts.

Trying a pic of a couple of the finished butts

2ndcook011Small.jpg
[/IMG]

I did 8 butts for a friend who is taking care of the folks in his area who helped him out when he had some problems.The rest are going to work with me Monday for feeding a bunch of folks who stayed after work and helped me with various parts and powdercoating this cooker.Also the managers will be invited to eat with us as I still have to build the trailer for the cooker yet.I figure 30 butts shouldnt be a problem to do in here.I know if I packed them tite maybe close to 40 but I like to leave room for air to move around.

Well I left it run thru the nite and turned the Guru down to 150 and let the temp come down.One of the guys from work had a couple pieces of uncured unsmoked bacon that he didnt know what to do with so we did it the buckboard bacon method.For some reason I forgot pics but the cooker functioned nice down that low.time to start practicing some chicken and ribs .

Back