THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I do have a question about something Rookie'48 said about the chicken not being the same size/shape. Do judges REALLY judge that closely? I think with the short amount of time you guys are given to look at the box, it'd be hard to...but, seems like it is...I don't know why...

Dan, you might be amazed at how the size / shape of each piece will effect the total score. Trimming each piece to achieve a "cookie cutter"
look does make a BIG difference. And as far as the "short amount of time" that we get to see each box - most Table Captains will wait until each judge gives a nod or a "Hmm hmm" before moving on to the next judge. Very seldom have I had to ask the TC to bring the box back so that I could finish looking at it ..... but I have done it :becky:.
If you think about it, how much more effort is it going to take to make that box a 9 instead of a 7 or 8 and do you think that it's worth it?

Back