Thinking about selling my Humphreys

Adubree86

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Adam
So I'm thinking about selling my battle box. I've used it a hand full of times but ever since I started cooking in my vertical offset I've kind of forgotten about the battle box. I just love the flavor I get off the stick burner. The only downside I could see to getting rid of the battle box is I won't have a set it and forget it smoker for my pork butts but to me it seems foolish to have a $1500 smoker to just cook butts. If I sell this I may look into getting a Good One Marshall or Over and Under or something similar in design that if absolutely needed I could rig up my BBQ Guru to and run on lump and wood chunks. What do you guys think? Am I crazy for considering to sell such an efficient cooker?

I first thought I would say you're crazy but if you're not the type that can just have cooker sitting around..., I have several the only get used a few times a year but I like to hoard things

I first thought I would say you're crazy but if you're not the type that can just have cooker sitting around..., I have several the only get used a few times a year but I like to hoard things

Don't get me wrong. I would love to keep it but I just can't get the flavors I want out of it.

Don't get me wrong. I would love to keep it but I just can't get the flavors I want out of it.

Well that's a whole different thing than I was thinking about. I would say sell it and get you a Weber Smokey Mountain for the occasional cook when you want to be lazy

Well that's a whole different thing than I was thinking about. I would say sell it and get you a Weber Smokey Mountain for the occasional cook when you want to be lazy

Ya I've tried lump charcoal with several fist size chunks but I just love the flavor coming off the stick burner using 90-95% all wood. I do tend to enjoy smokier food though.

I wish I had the money right now I would make a offer . my Sump's smoker seemed like I was not get much smoke flavor and found out my GURU was keeping my wood chunks burning so I found out adjusting the ball valve half closed redirected the air flow and the wood would not burn as fast .

I wish I had the money right now I would make a offer . my Sump's smoker seemed like I was not get much smoke flavor and found out my GURU was keeping my wood chunks burning so I found out adjusting the ball valve half closed redirected the air flow and the wood would not burn as fast .

I've always used the Guru on this smoker. Maybe I'll try it out without it and just use the damper before I sell it. I know I won't get stick burner flavor but I'll see how it like it without the guru.

Hey I live in Shawnee and not really in the market for a new smoker...but have always liked the Humphrey line. In the past I have shown weakness for temptation.

Hey I live in Shawnee and not really in the market for a new smoker...but have always liked the Humphrey line. In the past I have shown weakness for temptation.

Where about in Shawnee. I'm around 75th and Metcalf area.

Back