Think my kettle is dead :( is the one with the little table worth it?

Just as an aside, it's really not that difficult to free those vents up. I do it all the time. Usually all that is required is a shot of wd40 and light tap back and forth on the vent to get it to start moving. Then more wd40 and work it until it's back to like new. It honestly rarely takes more than 5 mins per vent. done

I say restore ol faithful. But if you must get a new one, still restore the old one..only thing better than a kettle for grilling is two kettles for grilling. Also it is very easy to make your own table and you can make it whatever size/shape you want

I had an old weber performer with a table and left it when I sold my house. I bought a new 22.5 Weber and really miss the table. It made everything feel more stable and was even a bit taller than my current grill.

I'm getting ready to get this one from Amazon:
15301001 Performer Char Grill 22" 249.99
7151 Grill Cover. 39.93
7403 Char Baskets (2) 15.38
Packaged Price. 305.90

PLUS:

7416 Rapid Chiminey Starter. 14.99
2290 Rotisserie 22" 149.99

Weber says this rotisserie is compatible with this performer

Hope this helps

Buy a table from Walmart twice as big as the Weber for 30 dollars and set next to your grill

I'm getting ready to get this one from Amazon:
15301001 Performer Char Grill 22" 249.99 ...
I would strongly advise that you move up to a model that includes the LP gas igniter system. It is a huge convenience and you will never buy lighter fluid or lighter bricks again.

Since others have brought it up, soaking things down with a hose, wait, then repeat a few times, might clear things out. It's charcoal ash, after all. If you get the ash gone, a little tapping, penetrating oil, and wiggling of the lever might do the trick. Weber kettles stand up to the use of putty knives and single edge razor blade scrapers quite well. My two have gone through a lot of abuse and are still doing fine.

If the 3 bladed star is rusted in there and shot it can fixed. I fixed this in my curb find and home depot sells new ones. I also cleaned with oven cleaner then gave a good burn.

I would strongly advise that you move up to a model that includes the LP gas igniter system. It is a huge convenience and you will never buy lighter fluid or lighter bricks again.
But the USPS delivers all the free starter fuel anyone could ever need.

Thanks..I really want one compatible with the rotisserie..from what I read not all are. Also, I'll probably have a chimney going to add coals as needed.

Not as exciting as buying a new grill, but you could just replace the ash catcher. A quick search for "weber kettle parts" found this site: https://www.grillparts.com/weber/weber-charcoal-grill-parts.asp

Just don't do what I did last year, and spend more on parts than a new grill would have cost.
-J

I agree with this wholeheartedly. I've been there thinking I've found a grill worth saving, but after a two new grates, an ash sweeper and a wheel, your within striking distance of a brand new grill.

I've owned a lot of second hand webers, but there is something nice about putting together a new grill and having a weber that has always been yours.

Thanks..I really want one compatible with the rotisserie..from what I read not all are. Also, I'll probably have a chimney going to add coals as needed.

A 22" rotisserie "should" fit all 22" kettles Weber has ever produced. I have several Weber kettles and use my Gen2 Performer as my go-to grill of choice. The table and gas assist are very handy. The grill is extremely stable and easy to roll around, without having to worry about small rocks or cracks/gaps in concrete. I use my stand alone kettles too, but the Performer is my favorite, by far.

31331401664_80daa6bea3_c.jpg

:becky:

Last edited:
I have 2 Performers and won't own any other grill. The gas ignition and side table are my favorite features. Unlike some, I hate the lid bail. I would rather have a hook, but the other features make up for it.

My favorite place to find Weber products is craigslist and now Facebook Marketplace. Both of mine were bought for less than $150 each and were practically brand new.

Ed
^^^+1

Back