Things I Hate Worse Than Chicken

After checking parsley at my local farmers market, Pavillions, Marina market, Ralphs and Sprouts, I finally found some gorgeous bunches at of all places Restaurant Depot.

I feel the pain here. I have ran all over town looking for fresh and good looking parsley. I've never tried it, but I hear hydrogen peroxide helps green and liven it up. I also keep it cold and moist at a comp. Another thing I do is buy way more than I need. Any extra I give to the other teams that might need some. My first contest I went off and left it in the fridge and had to go with what I found near the contest.

I like garnish just fine. I appreciate the skill involved in making crappy little vegetables sit still and look nice.

What I HATE is that there IS NO FREAKING NICE PARSLEY IN THE KNOWN WORLD.

If there is, whichever of your bastiges is hoarding it had better fess up, because wherever it is, it couldn't be much farther than I drove around today. :mad::mad::mad:

As with many other things, when there are quality issues: grow your own.

:thumb:

/------ Note location. The only thing in the yard is dirt and rocks. We've already been in the 90s this week. I have to put parsley in an iced cooler to get it home from the store, never mind trying to grow it!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I keep lobbying for Astroturf, but nobody's listening...

I am. I think it is the right answer, but I have yet to find a good food grade material that can be discarded after one use. Re-using the material would be a non starter.

I think what needs to happen is for you and parsley to sit down together in a neutral, safe place - have honest dialogue and try to find some common ground and areas of understanding and trust, so this hatred can be dispelled and the world made a better place...ending the session with a hug would be nice.

Yeah, I don't like making turn in boxes. period.

I just wanted to chime in and say that I ABSOLUTELY AM HATING CHICKEN right now. I've been deboning and skinning leg quarters for the last 2 hours for 'chicken practice' tommorrow. I figured I'd bump this thread back up just because I'm hating it that much.

At Rest. Depot in KC they sell by the case or bags of 10 bunches for around 5-6 bucks. I buy one bag of ten per contest and it is such good quality I usually have way to much. Absolutley amazed at how much higher quality it is that the grocery stor bunches I had been stressign about.

I like garnish just fine. I appreciate the skill involved in making crappy little vegetables sit still and look nice.

What I HATE is that there IS NO FREAKING NICE PARSLEY IN THE KNOWN WORLD.

If there is, whichever of your bastiges is hoarding it had better fess up, because wherever it is, it couldn't be much farther than I drove around today. :mad::mad::mad:
After a contest the parsley we had left a week later looked better then our turn boxes. :crazy:

I'll get parsley to last for a month. Better buying the case, saves me from having to buy it every week. One less stop.

After a contest the parsley we had left a week later looked better then our turn boxes. :crazy:

Back