Thin blue when its 0 out?

NOHENS

Full Fledged Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Do y'all see thin blue when its this dang cold out? No wind and 0 degrees. Been going for an hour and smells good but its white smoke?? No wind and a 18.5 WSM.:doh:

Could be steam... Even without a waterpan, the meat is giving off some water. I find with my UDS the smoke looks whiter when its this cold. I just assumed it steam, as I know the combustion is right.

Copy that...thanks. I have not put the meat on yet. Getting ready to now though. Its rockin along at 250 soooo I'm going out now. Thank goodness for my Christmas maverick so I don't have to go out unless a adjustment is needed! Guess I'm in trouble though....I just realized I have no beer!!!!! Going to remedy that after I put the meat on!!!

Copy that...thanks. I have not put the meat on yet. Getting ready to now though. Its rockin along at 250 soooo I'm going out now. Thank goodness for my Christmas maverick so I don't have to go out unless a adjustment is needed! Guess I'm in trouble though....I just realized I have no beer!!!!! Going to remedy that after I put the meat on!!!

^^^ This here is the most serious offense^^^^ no beer? Come on MAN!!! :heh:

No beer is the biggest issue IMHO but I might also point out that I have had batteries in remote devices freeze up in weather like that.

^^^ This here is the most serious offense^^^^ no beer? Come on MAN!!! :heh:

Hey, hey, HEY! Easy man....I went to town and have a crapload of beer now. Weathers going to bad!!! Its resolved..... I now have LOTS of beer.

And thanks for the freezin battery tip. Just realized that I need to get the gromet deal for my WSM as the cords are to short to go through the exhaust!

Hey, hey, HEY! Easy man....I went to town and have a crapload of beer now. Weathers going to bad!!! Its resolved..... I now have LOTS of beer.

And thanks for the freezin battery tip. Just realized that I need to get the gromet deal for my WSM as the cords are to short to go through the exhaust!

That was a close one. I was lucky and talked the wife into a garage beer fridge, told her we need the extra freezer space yadda yadda yadda so the lower half is beer. I don't think I have ever run out...it's been close a few times. Then again I don't have the weather to deal with like you do.

I do like some of the other ideas from the brethren...get some wiskey. I prefer Jameson myself...:thumb:

Back