These were some beefy Pig Ribs!

I wish I could find ribs like that :roll:

I'm better off with loin ribs, they have much more meat than the 'spare' ribs I can find here.

"Beefy" pig ribs.........does that qualify as an oxymoron?:razz:

That being said, those ribs look awesome, I love the Spicey Apple rub on my ribs as well.

Great work,

KC

The Wife showed up with these St. Louis cuts on sale for $7.50 a rack. Threw them on the WSM and used the SM Spicy Apple rub for the first time. Dayum! They were good! Coated them with a little sauce about 20 mins before pulling. No foil this time, wanted to try it without. Could not believe how much meat on these bones!

22yo36.jpg

if you don't foil, what temp do you shoot for. Great looking ribs, I am going to have make some this weekend after seeing these.

Mike, where did you find those jewels??

Looks awesome!

LuzziAnn knows the folks in the butcher department here at the local Kroger. LuzziAnn has been shopping there for almost 20 years. Kroger got them shipped in cryovac. One of the Ladies picked them out for her. LuzziAnn is a coupon Queen and has a Kroger card. They were almost $14 each but she ended up bringing them home for approx. $7.50 each. I've probably been in a grocery store 5 times in my life. She did good!

if you don't foil, what temp do you shoot for. Great looking ribs, I am going to have make some this weekend after seeing these.

rubizuk, Yesterday was one of those rare days that I had all day. I am a back yard BBQ guy. No Pro by any means but learning from The Brethren, I thought, Hey! I'm making this too hard. BBQ is supposed to be FUN.

I went low and slow on my WSM for about 8 hours with an average grill temp of 225-260*F. They passed toothpick tender and flop test. I kept waiting for the bone pullback but there was alot of meat there. It was done when it was done.

Thanks for the reply!

PS, I used a mixture of pecan and hickory wood chunks.

Last edited:
LuzziAnn knows the folks in the butcher department here at the local Kroger. LuzziAnn has been shopping there for almost 20 years. Kroger got them shipped in cryovac. One of the Ladies picked them out for her. LuzziAnn is a coupon Queen and has a Kroger card. They were almost $14 each but she ended up bringing them home for approx. $7.50 each. I've probably been in a grocery store 5 times in my life. She did good!
All the Kroger pork near me is enhanced. Were those?

Back