ThermoWorks Pro BBQ Kit

K-JUN

is one Smokin' Farker
ThermoWorks Pro BBQ Kit

Has anyone here tried this kit? Any thoughts on these particular probes? Do you see any advantage of this kit, apposed to the TW8060 with these or different probes and a Thermapen.
Thanks for your input.

pro-bbq-kit_sidebar.jpg

New kit includes the TW8060 Thermocouple Alarm Thermometer, an MTC Mini Handheld Thermocouple Meter, a Fast Response Meat probe, an Armored Smokehouse Penetration probe (range to 660°F), and a High-Temp Flexible Ceramic Fiber-Insulated probe.
Use the Armored Smokehouse Penetration probe with the TW8060's alarm feature to monitor the meat to your preferred doneness temperature, and the High-Temp Flexible Ceramic Fiber-Insulated probe to keep tabs on the temperature of the oven or smoker. The MTC Mini, along with the Type K Fast-Response Probe will allow you to spot check your meat with Super-Fast readings in less than 3 seconds.

$221.00

Last edited:
ThermoWorks Pro BBQ Kit

Has anyone here tried this kit? Any thoughts on these particular probes?

The Armour penetration with Stainless Armoour is pretty thick and will get crushed in a door that closes tightly. I used it for awhile and it got smashed and stopped working. I use the Smoke House Penetration Probe - Stainless Overbraid, its thinner and wont get crushed as much, I also use the Crocodile Clip Oven Probe to keep track of pit temperature.

ThermoWorks Pro BBQ Kit

Has anyone here tried this kit? Any thoughts on these particular probes? Do you see any advantage of this kit, apposed to the TW8060 with these or different probes and a Thermapen.
Thanks for your input.

pro-bbq-kit_sidebar.jpg

New kit includes the TW8060 Thermocouple Alarm Thermometer, an MTC Mini Handheld Thermocouple Meter, a Fast Response Meat probe, an Armored Smokehouse Penetration probe (range to 660°F), and a High-Temp Flexible Ceramic Fiber-Insulated probe.
Use the Armored Smokehouse Penetration probe with the TW8060's alarm feature to monitor the meat to your preferred doneness temperature, and the High-Temp Flexible Ceramic Fiber-Insulated probe to keep tabs on the temperature of the oven or smoker. The MTC Mini, along with the Type K Fast-Response Probe will allow you to spot check your meat with Super-Fast readings in less than 3 seconds.

$221.00

I have the MTC Mini (the white one in the pic) with a Fast Response Meat Needle probe that works great (pic below). The only problem with the meat needle is the probe is so thin it slides so smoothly into the meat you may think it is tender, when it is not. With a standard temp probe you have more feel.

113-151_c.jpg

I have the MTC Mini (the white one in the pic) with a Fast Response Meat Needle probe that works great (pic below). The only problem with the meat needle is the probe is so thin it slides so smoothly into the meat you may think it is tender, when it is not. With a standard temp probe you have more feel.

113-151_c.jpg

you can get a 1/8" probe for that instead of that one if you want

those are standard K type thermocouples. Easily available in many configurations, and are not expensive.

thats whats great about a unit like this, it does not use a proprietary probe made just for the unit

Back