THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with! I’ve wanted to do some whole muscle cures like that but don’t really have the right temp/humidity for it as it presently stands.

i got into wet curin recently
pohldham.png

Can't wait to see the build. I built a small one out of my old kegerator and the moisture was more than difficult to control. Had a humidifier and de humidifier playing a ful time tug o war battle. What are you planning to use for the refrigeration and air flow???

To scratch my itch lately, I have been pretty pleased with the Umai bags and my garage fridge. But something like you are planning sounds great.

Had a humidifier and de humidifier playing a ful time tug o war battle. What are you planning to use for the refrigeration and air flow???

That’s my current dilemma.

The space is currently 61F at 35% RH with nothing.
That will change with the seasons, but not dramatically.
I’m thinking a small evaporative cooling setup may work....

:) Happy to help. Wish Id joined these forums a lot sooner to contribute what little i can. still real young but like to think i can cook n got good taste. smokeables are so sensitive to humidity, and Boveda is the best.

real good place to buy ur tobacco too if thats up ur alley.. just make sure u send ur state those taxes u owe them on bulk tobacco sales, lol

.. i honestly never thought of that before myself, til now, and am lookin forward to crackin summer sausages code now that i think i can turn one of my many igloo coolers into a little cure chamber with my extra bovedas

Back