THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yes, it is a steel shelf. I am not a big fan of stainless steel, but I didn't want to deal with the holes in the expanded shelf. I like it so far.

IMG_3342.jpg
[/URL]

So I am looking at this picture and realized that BESIDES the Shirley, I can see a Green Egg, Weber Ranch Kettle, a regular offset, and what appears to be a cinderblock pit in the back.

Yeah, I'd say he's all set!

David

I had flat steel shelf on my previous offset. Never had an issue with it.
Yes, it is a steel shelf. I am not a big fan of stainless steel, but I didn't want to deal with the holes in the expanded shelf. I like it so far.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

You ordered a shirley, Matt?

:dancer::dancer::dancer::clap2::clap2::clap2:

I can't imagine having to endure the current wait. When I got my first one, the wait was 3 months, and that felt like a lifetime. What are you getting?

You ordered a shirley, Matt?

:dancer::dancer::dancer::clap2::clap2::clap2:

I can't imagine having to endure the current wait. When I got my first one, the wait was 3 months, and that felt like a lifetime. What are you getting?

I did sir. Right now i am leaning towards a 24x60 straight back on a modified trailer. Nothing to crazy other then the stainless shelf with backsplash. With over a 2 year wait though its going to change i am sure. I would really like to go smaller but i keep thinking about doing a whole hog now and then. I am afraid anything shorter i will regret it. Any thoughts?

I did sir. Right now i am leaning towards a 24x60 straight back on a modified trailer. Nothing to crazy other then the stainless shelf with backsplash. With over a 2 year wait though its going to change i am sure. I would really like to go smaller but i keep thinking about doing a whole hog now and then. I am afraid anything shorter i will regret it. Any thoughts?

If you want to do hogs, I wouldn't go smaller than 60. You'll love the backsplash!

Any thoughts on going 24 x 60 elevated traditional with cabinet doors vs 24 x 60 elevated straight back with cabinet doors? I know that the traditional is 1/8" thicker than the straight back. Does it make that much of a difference?

If you want to do hogs, I wouldn't go smaller than 60. You'll love the backsplash!

I'll let y'all know about pig in a 24x60 I have a 100#der sitting in ice chest going on at 10 pm tonight. I was looking at smaller but am so glad I took wife's advice and got bigger and stainless with backsplash I would almost say is a must>

Any thoughts on going 24 x 60 elevated traditional with cabinet doors vs 24 x 60 elevated straight back with cabinet doors? I know that the traditional is 1/8" thicker than the straight back. Does it make that much of a difference?
Straight back is the way to go. Racks all the same size and you can make the cabinet taller to fit a another rack or 2.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The cheapest modification is length so unless you have a space problem I'd go 60. I probably will rarely need it but it's nice to know I have it. I can't disagree that straight back is more logical but I liked the look of the traditional so I went with traditional elevated cabinet. No regrets

Back