The Rub Co. Santa Maria Style Tri-Tip - REVERSE SEAR PRON!!!

It rested 10 minutes. There is no way on earth my hungry pregnant wife was gonig to let that thing sit there any longer.

oh I know.. tri-tip is funny like that though.. I try to rest at least 15 minutes, tented so it doesn't get cold, and because of that you really need to take into account the carry over so you don't finish much over 140 if that.. and then when you take into account the reverse sear.. I've found pulling at 132-133 puts me about where I want to be. Congratulations!

oh I know.. tri-tip is funny like that though.. I try to rest at least 15 minutes, tented so it doesn't get cold, and because of that you really need to take into account the carry over so you don't finish much over 140 if that.. and then when you take into account the reverse sear.. I've found pulling at 132-133 puts me about where I want to be. Congratulations!

I've cooked 1,000+ tri-tips and only recently jumped on the reverse sear bandwagon. It really does make a difference.:thumb:

Damn that looks mouth watering finger licking fine right there. :becky: Great pron too. :thumb: I also like that scimitar knife you have. Who makes it and where can I get one? Looks like a professional butcher shop knife. I saw one in Bass Pro and also in a Field Dressing Kit but I'm not real sure about the quality.

Damn that looks mouth watering finger licking fine right there. :becky: Great pron too. :thumb: I also like that scimitar knife you have. Who makes it and where can I get one? Looks like a professional butcher shop knife. I saw one in Bass Pro and also in a Field Dressing Kit but I'm not real sure about the quality.

Thanks. The knife is a Forschner model #40537. It's my all time favorite!

nailed it! let it rest longer though, looks like you have a blood bath on your hands.. Ha

That's what garlic bread is for, sopping up all the juices.

That looks perfectly cooked to me, I'd eat that whole roast in one sitting with no regrets!

Back