The "PIGGLES" Challenge! PRIZES INSIDE!

Sweet! I know what you mean about the saltiness. The last batch I made came out a little salty. I think next round might get something sweeter or just some BBQ sauce once the bacon crisps. I know I am on to something here and part of the fun is involving my fellow brethren and as a bonus, giving away something to the best submission!

Ok Brian I was a doubter. In fact I thought you were out of your tree!!! But I kind of knew you from previous posts and decided since I had butts going and was making the usual ABTs that maybe I should give Piggles a try. Mentioning Piggles brought a round of giggles from my spectators but I still went ahead and made a few. I just used cream cheese and chopped up souvlaki wrapped in some nice bacon and dusted with some homemade rub.
I tell you that everybody took baby bites at first but then there were nods of approval and the plate was emptied. I will make these again but I need to adjust for a bit of saltiness.
Thanks for posting your recipe.
(no pictures as no batteries)

We Santa Anna, TX is a hour SE of Abilene, TX. Most consider us West Texas but we are Central TX. Town of 1000 and 2 stop lights and we play 6-man football. A lot of good quer's in the area, nothing else to do but que and consume adult beverages.

Weekend bump! I just spent 2 hours preparing the "PIGGLES" for Boston Hills. I leave in the morning. (its 1:04am now so later in the morning.) Here is some of my pron before we cook them. The ones showing are stuffed with Jalapeno cream cheese blend and BBQ rib meat and then wrapped in bacon. The other box below is all the original recipe I came up with. I plan to try basting in BBQ sauce once the bacon is crisp and some other rubs.

0626090038.jpg

Thanks!

I must admit I didn`t LOVE the piggles the first time, But I will definetely try more. I felt the way I did mine was lacking something..... Don`t know what though. :(

I found something to really give these a sweeter flavor to offset the "pickle" taste.. Drain off the juices after you scoop the seeds, then either spritz with apple juice and let set over night or soak in apple juice.

I must admit I didn`t LOVE the piggles the first time, But I will definetely try more. I felt the way I did mine was lacking something..... Don`t know what though. :(

My piggles rock yours!

okay so I think you are on to something here with "piggles"
' as you can customize the recipe to fit several different food themes-heres my recipe:
I started with Boars Head kosher Dills a good four inches long and stuffed them with a ham salad I made( recipe to follow) then of course the bacon and a little time on the ol grill, indirect heat is key to no flare ups and a brush of a little watered down BBQ sauce and they were a huge hit by all who tasted them so try these, I think you will like them.
recipe for ham salad "Piggle"stuffing-
1 cup fineley diced ham
1/4 cup minced yellow onion
1/2 cup fineley diced Smoked Gouda cheese.skin removed
1/2 tsp sweet pickle relish
1 1/2 tsp yellow mustard
1/2 cup mayonaise
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 pinches ceyanne pepper
about ten drops tobasco
pinch of salt

mix all ingredients well, and use for "Piggle" stuffing.
thanks for playing!
Steven M. Overlay
SIN CITY SMOKERS
Las Vegas,NV
steveno702@embarqmail.com

Attachments

• SDC10434.jpg
    SDC10434.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 358
  • SDC10436.jpg
    SDC10436.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 177
  • SDC10442.jpg
    SDC10442.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 176
  • SDC10440.jpg
    SDC10440.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 178
Hey Brian! I thought you were just a bit off with this Piggle thing but I just did two halves and they were very tasty! Thanks for the idea. 6 more halves are on the Mini as we speak so the wife can try them too. I will firm up a recipe and get some pics in for the contest. Happy 4th!!!

Thanks guy! Happy 4rth and goodluck!

Hey Brian! I thought you were just a bit off with this Piggle thing but I just did two halves and they were very tasty! Thanks for the idea. 6 more halves are on the Mini as we speak so the wife can try them too. I will firm up a recipe and get some pics in for the contest. Happy 4th!!!

Just a reminder guys... We need "PIGGLES" pics and people enjoying "PIGGLES" pics for a complete submission. Right now, we only have 2.

Also a reminder, next Monday is the final day for submissions. You 2 guys right now have a 50/50 chance to winning!

Wow!! Nice thread.

My kids love pickles, cheese and bacon.......OK, me too!
Have to do these this weekend!

Thanks!!

I just so happen to be firing up the smoker tomorrow night. I'll have to toss a few of these on if there's enough room after the ribs and chicken.

WAMPUS's

OK.......HERE GOES!!!!!!!!!
I couldn't wait until the weekend....had to give these a try last night.
I called home on the drive from work and the wife told me she was getting ready to put a meatloaf together, so I said, "Well, let's just throw it on the grill!" (never tried it before)

SOOOOO.....I stopped at the store and picked up some stuff for ABT's and PIGGLES too!

For the PIGGLES, I cooked up some Italian bulk sausage. Added the sausage to a pound of cream cheese, added 1/2 of a shallot, 1 clove of garlic, hollowed out my pickle halves (bought whole to start, then sliced in half) and rinsed them very well to try and avoid the over-saltiness. Wrapped them in bacon, and TADAAA! PIGGLES!!!

I ended up making enough stuffing for 6 PIGGLES, 2 ABT's and 2 stuffed Anaheim's (just wanted to try the ABT's and Anaheims, but I knew the kids would like the PIGGLES, so I made more.

So...the pics have meatloaf and the peppers with them, but the pics of the SHEAR ENJOYMENT are of the PIGGLES!!!:mrgreen::mrgreen:

We have 4 kids. All of them liked them but the PICKY one. He loves pickles, loves cheese, loves sausage and LOVES bacon......but that's just how he is.......so I didn't include a photo of him, since it can't be said that he "enjoyed" it. We ate his for him!!!!:biggrin:

The kids TORE THEM UP!!!! (My wife and I helped a bit:wink:)
LOVED them.... next time gonna try to soak the pickles in apple juice like you suggest, although we didn't really NOT like the saltines....after all, it's a pickle!!!

ENJOY!!!

IMG_2885.jpg

The ABT's are on the top of the photo, and PIGGLES on the bottom.....well...I guess 1 is on top.....

IMG_2888.jpg

VVVVVV And THIS one will be my "best PIGGLE pose".......VVVVVV
IMG_2889.jpg

Plated with some homemade potato salad.....
IMG_2890.jpg

And the family's take on them......
IMG_2892.jpg

IMG_2894.jpg

IMG_2897.jpg

IMG_2900.jpg

IMG_2898.jpg

Good enough??

Tasty for sure.....we're gonna do more this weekend!!!!

!!
:biggrin:

:eusa_clap

i just read this thread. i have to make these this weekend!

I had to check on the thread before turning in tonight! Looks great guys! I am leaving in the morning for Lake Placid I love BBQ comp where I will be making a bunch more "PIGGLES" for everyone to try there...

I will try to check in from the road but if I can't, Good luck on your "PIGGLES" endeavors, have a great 4rth weekend and we will be back in time to get judging underway!

-Brian

I have been coaching softball and have been out as of late. I am so in these sounds great.

i couldn't wait till the weekend, so i made a couple of test PIGGLES today :biggrin:

whole kosher dill, split in half and deseeded
smoked gouda cheese
double smoked sausage
bacon
dizzy pig dizzy dust

assemble and smoke with jack daniels oak barrel chips at 250-290 dome for 1.5 hours.

i reserve the right to make more with pulled pork on saturday and get others with a PIGGLE in their mouth:!:

PIGGLES-017.jpg

PIGGLES-021.jpg

Just announcing, as per the contest rules, no more submissions will be accepted. Judging will begin and the winner will be announced July 10!

Thanks to all who played!

Back