THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Killersmoke

Hey guys thought it would be fun to buy a UDS to add to my collection of smokers. Have done some research but would love your input and possibly pictures. I am looking for the ultimate UDS! What needs to be included? Thanks for your input!

The one's I've seen for sale seem pretty basic and over priced. I think jgh1204 nailed it, build your own. Have a look at the UDS thread and you'll be amazed at the uniqueness and creativity of the different builds.

Killersmoke, read the holly grail of UDS thread. ALL of it. Take lots of notes,use your Bookmark and do a lot of cutting and pasting. Only you can decide what you want or don't want. Keep it simple (KISS) don't try to re-invent the wheel.

Now get to reading.:thumb:

I'm with the 'build it yourself' faction. The simple satisfaction of great Q derived from a homemade smoker is worth every ounce of blood, sweat, and tears of making it happen.

I will work on that project for sure and post pictures when Its done. Thanks guys for your input. Next project is a open pit in the back yard!!

BUY A UDS... :tsk::tsk::tsk::wink:
There's no other grill/smoker out there like the one you make yourself brother! :thumb:

Cheers

Keep it simple, simple,simple. 3 or 4 intake holes near the bottom, hardware for 1 or 2 racks and a drum lid or a webber kettle grill lid. The holy grail of UDS has it ospot on.

Do what I did- read the UDS thread, see what ideas/mods/features you like and will actually use (hinged lid vs full removable, single grate vs multiple grates, etc) and come up with your own design that pulls from the long, storied history of home-built cookers. If you have any questions, I'm sure the brethren will oblige you.

Back