THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

B

bbqfans

The 4th is rapidly approching. The need to plan your menus is at hand,so as a good old(litterally)Southern boy(Texas),I submit my Mom's recipe for Creamed Corn.

On the stove top or (better yet) in a CI pan on the smoker as you get the meal ready.:rolleyes:

Take some ears of good sweet Corn(however much you think you'll need-make more than you think as it will disappear).
You can roast the corn first if you like - or - cut the corn off the cobs and scrape the cobs to get all the "milk" out.
Put all the corn and milk into a CI pan with enough butter to almost cover the corn(you'll know how much),add salt and pepper to taste(the more pepper the better) and place on a hot spot. Stir often to prevent scorching,a little darkening is a good thing(Oh,my).Keep cooking until the mass thickens to a "pudding" consistency.

I usually make a serving equal 2 ears-that is about 1 cup when done.
Hope this is one you like,if so....give me some brownie points.
Enjoy.
Stan aka Old School BBQ:icon_cool

Yea my Mom used to do this one
That's great stuff
For a change of pace a little
canned Tomatoes is fun
Going to try it with a touch
of Jalapeno

Back