The Official Pellet Grill Smoker thread.

After everything that has gone on these last couple months there is NO WAY IN HE11 I am buying a "MADE IN CHINA" grill. That is my opinion on camp chef and most others. I'm down to Mak 1 star and yoder ys as of now just waiting to see if I still have a job in the next few weeks. The more I read these threads the more I like the MAK

Between Yoder and mak. I don’t think you can go wrong. The only reason I went with Yoder 640 is the size.
In the last year I have owned the Yoder, I have filled it up to capacity more times then not. Even right now, without the extra shelf, I’m full with a 15 pound packer and a 5 pound flat.

At least with my Yoder, I have had zero paint problems and no other problems at all.

Between Yoder and mak. I don’t think you can go wrong. The only reason I went with Yoder 640 is the size.
In the last year I have owned the Yoder, I have filled it up to capacity more times then not. Even right now, without the extra shelf, I’m full with a 15 pound packer and a 5 pound flat.

At least with my Yoder, I have had zero paint problems and no other problems at all.

Yoder definitely has more cooking real estate than the MAK 1 Star... a tad over 200 sq” more. That said, the thing that makes the MAK lineup so deceptive is the headroom inside the cooking chamber. I was very skeptical about the smaller size of the MAK’s when I bought my first. That concern was quickly wiped away with my first big cook. You can fit 8 butts on a 1 Star or 2 humongous briskets or 4 average sized briskets if you have the full upper grate in place.

Only reason I share this is to help others put the “smaller cook size” concern into perspective.

Both are solid US made cookers for sure!!!!

No knock on Camp Chef but that review article is pretty suspect. Looks like either a paid piece and/or written by someone without much experience.

For instance, Traeger as the second best pellets? :shock:

As an owner of a Camp Chef that I love that article is definitely suspect IMO. No doubt the Camp Chef stuff is great but it is definitely not the top in the class.

After everything that has gone on these last couple months there is NO WAY IN HE11 I am buying a "MADE IN CHINA" grill. That is my opinion on camp chef and most others. I'm down to Mak 1 star and yoder ys as of now just waiting to see if I still have a job in the next few weeks. The more I read these threads the more I like the MAK

Make that pros/cons list buddy. MAK vs Yoder, and see which comes out on top for YOU.

MAK and Yoder owners are here to help answer any specific questions you may have as you mull it over :)

AMEN!!! I have considered many grills and anything on the list that was made in China is no longer being considered. I was going to jump at the Masterbuilt 1050, not so much now. Really need something with substantial size so it will probably be between the Yoder 640 and the Blazin Grill. I can’t justify the expense of a Mak 2 star for a lake house. Is there any other made in the USA pellets out there? I know Pitts and Spitts but too expensive.

I thought the Memphis Pro and Elite were still made here? If they're made in China, they're off my list.

I just read a thread from this forum from May 2019. Said manufacturing is being moved to China. Even if it’s only their cheaper line, I would rather give my money to a company that doesn’t do business with China. I get the sub 1k market using china, but a several thousand dollar grill makes no sense to me.

I thought the Memphis Pro and Elite were still made here? If they're made in China, they're off my list.

I just read a thread from this forum from May 2019. Said manufacturing is being moved to China. Even if it’s only their cheaper line, I would rather give my money to a company that doesn’t do business with China. I get the sub 1k market using china, but a several thousand dollar grill makes no sense to me.

This was discussed a couple of weeks ago. In order to get to the bottom, I contacted Memphis 2 weeks ago and spoke w/ Erik, one of their sales guys. He confirmed that there are a few US made units still available, but that ALL manufacturing, to include ALL models, is being moved to China. He said the current pricing will remain unchanged. I asked how we the customer are benefiting from such a move. He told me that the some of the “finishing” on the exterior edges and curves will be a bit more refined. I said “anything else”... he said “that’s pretty much it.” Take that for what it’s worth...

AMEN!!! I have considered many grills and anything on the list that was made in China is no longer being considered. I was going to jump at the Masterbuilt 1050, not so much now. Really need something with substantial size so it will probably be between the Yoder 640 and the Blazin Grill. I can’t justify the expense of a Mak 2 star for a lake house. Is there any other made in the USA pellets out there? I know Pitts and Spitts but too expensive.
Assassin and Smokin Brothers are American made.

This was discussed a couple of weeks ago. In order to get to the bottom, I contacted Memphis 2 weeks ago and spoke w/ Erik, one of their sales guys. He confirmed that there are a few US made units still available, but that ALL manufacturing, to include ALL models, is being moved to China. He said the current pricing will remain unchanged. I asked how we the customer are benefiting from such a move. He told me that the some of the “finishing” on the exterior edges and curves will be a bit more refined. I said “anything else”... he said “that’s pretty much it.” Take that for what it’s worth...

I am not a business person, but if that part is true, then they must be suffering from greed. If they are getting them made cheaper, you would think the price would change...:der:

I am not a business person, but if that part is true, then they must be suffering from greed. If they are getting them made cheaper, you would think the price would change...:der:

Agreed, but it's been well documented they took production to China and are keeping prices the same... Big no from me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After owning the Smoke Daddy Pellet Pro I think it is the best bang for the buck. It's not a Mak but it's got better inner parts than most and a really good hopper and controller. Not made in the USA though.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Royal is also USA made as is cookshack and Englander. I've been with my current employer since Feb 17th....after 90 days I get a $2k bonus. Just wondering how that works when I get "furloughed, aka layed off" …...this 2k is unknown to my wife and is suppose to me my next pellet smoker/grill!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok.. pulling all the stops today... Is this normal for a pellet cooker.. Looking at the fact thre's pellets burning, ash being made and a fan blowing all the time.. and considering the fact that my silverbac is still pretty new.. Looks like I have ash blowing all over the cooker, ontop of my food, grates, and everything else..

I've been told that cooking alot on it and getting it gunked up will solve the issue.. There's no gunk on the inside of my barrel which makes sense.. but then again with such a large "Drain tray" There's never a time the cooker will get gunked up under it lol

izYZKV7l.jpg

Too much wind, newer pellet grills have gone to computer tower cooling fans.
Could try restricting the intake and see if it helps.

Back