The Official Pellet Grill Smoker thread.

The Pitts and spitts and the kuma have this shroud of mystery surrounding them. I’ve heard plenty about all pellet grills except those 2 which I still have questions about.

Before I was a member here I was able to put my hands on a Pitts and Spitts at a local shop. I was very impressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wish I could have swung a Pitts and spitts 1250. Ended up with a blaz’n. I don’t seem to be getting much think blue smoke at light temps. Anyone have one?

Out with the old.

y4mFWN2QEd7qyFA7P4ZRoD9HNv-fIPIBBluT8pz6drNfjbPtP07xLLANZKnMl7VGw9ilIXfzgqCs7hscdtoIFdLpoj0c6NnIzPrQJlzoZQAHJitcyce6PNjaJeLwMeqvg-cWjsqXEq7pvpFYsNFsHQifkyNCLVy461zrKZCIq3U8srt7cmkpFZauLJEqpUB7JExSIrdA5ohrnehiVuKB3njKg

In with the new.

y4mhiXv1PBEikzVycFJ3Fp-qQFoWoANIvhEpM6An5WVwYuqebNK_3MfyqbJCJNAOlS7KyZWUv1FMp5VcpKQEdSYcJkvE_OKokxibskozxoD3pQTI31qjpAByyKWIO-uyW6Lr1_8EvQmh5dPsdyySGLj4halOzhPPTfzRYsJgKo2KWBxyt4U5SA7ecKXIHlUofyHLccs4wZxUI9iTWe4XAdjBA

Daaaang.... we some nosey farkers!!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Love it! I love what I see in the Pitts and Spitts pellet munchers! That’s an 850, correct? Like the others, I am SUPER interested to hear your thoughts and opinions, especially in comparison to the Yoder. And please disregard pjtexas1... he’s just as nosey as the rest of us... probably twice as bad [emoji849]

Smoked fatty and chicken breasts smoked on the Mak! Every time I go back to the Mak after cooking on the Weber a few times I’m always blown away by how much better the flavor is.

That’s some mighty fine looking food! When comparing the MAK to the kettle, is it low n slow food that you enjoy more from the MAK, or grilled food too? As far as low n slow, I much prefer the MAK! Grilling, I love both. Just curious to hear your thoughts... :)

That’s some mighty fine looking food! When comparing the MAK to the kettle, is it low n slow food that you enjoy more from the MAK, or grilled food too? As far as low n slow, I much prefer the MAK! Grilling, I love both. Just curious to hear your thoughts... :)
And I'm the double-nosey one?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Interested in seeing what the differences are between the 2?

Both are very nice. What did you like better about the new over the old?

Nice! Be really interested to hear your thoughts on the two of them

I’m interested as well. Both are awesome cookers from what I hear!

Love it! I love what I see in the Pitts and Spitts pellet munchers! That’s an 850, correct? Like the others, I am SUPER interested to hear your thoughts and opinions, especially in comparison to the Yoder. And please disregard pjtexas1... he’s just as nosey as the rest of us... probably twice as bad [emoji849]

Bunch of nosey farkers:lol:

Preface by saying due to life and Atlanta turning into Seattle East the last couple weeks with all the rain, I have only been able to do a burn in and temp test on the P&S 850. The Yoder was approximately 5 years old and still produced good bbq, but I wanted to try something new. Here are a few quick thoughts. I will update again once i get a few cooks under my belt on the P&S. This is not my video, but it provides good real world info on the P&S

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wShms5-gBF4

P&S Pros

7 and 10 gauge steel vs 10 and 14 on the Yoder

Marine grade stainless roll back lid

Tried and true Roanoke PID tuned for P&S vs Yoder proprietary controller. (This can be debated but i prefer the accuracy and predictability of a PID controller.)

WiFi capability (not necessary by any stretch but i am also a tech nerd :lol:)

Tighter temps left to right and upper to lower racks

Top and bottom sliding shelves vs top only on the yoder

Larger hopper

Pellet dump

Yoder Pros

Comp cart still sexy lol

Better high heat grilling capability

Lower price point entry

Last edited:
Bunch of nosey farkers:lol:

Preface by saying due to life and Atlanta turning into Seattle East the last couple weeks with all the rain, I have only been able to do a burn in and temp test on the P&S 850. The Yoder was approximately 5 years old and still produced good bbq, but I wanted to try something new. Here are a few quick thoughts. I will update again once i get a few cooks under my belt on the P&S. This is not my video, but it provides good real world info on the P&S

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wShms5-gBF4

P&S Pros

7 and 10 gauge steel vs 10 and 14 on the Yoder

Marine grade stainless roll back lid

WiFi capability (not necessary by any stretch but i am also a tech nerd :lol:)

Top and bottom sliding shelves vs top only on the yoder

Larger hopper

Tried and true Roanoke PID tuned for P&S vs Yoder proprietary controller. (This can be debated but i prefer the accuracy and predictability of a PID controller.)

Tighter temps left to right and upper to lower racks

Yoder Pros

Comp cart still sexy lol

Better high heat grilling capability

Lower price point entry

Did you use your Yoder for grilling? In my mind, that’s the biggest, and really the only advantage that I see the Yoder having over the P&S. Congrats again on your new cooker :)

Did you use your Yoder for grilling? In my mind, that’s the biggest, and really the only advantage that I see the Yoder having over the P&S. Congrats again on your new cooker :)

Occasionally. I am a believer in the right tool for the job and i have a Weber Performer and Weber gasser for high temp grilling.

Occasionally. I am a believer in the right tool for the job and i have a Weber Performer and Weber gasser for high temp grilling.

Nice and completely agree. As nice of a “grill” as my pellet cooker is... more often than not when I want HIGH temp grilling, I typically turn to my 26 Weber kettle. The kettle is just so easy from start to finish (IMO) and the results are always excellent.

For grilling and smoking I like the pellet grill best. The only things I like on the Weber better is steak and chicken wings. The steak makes sense to me but not the chicken wings.

For grilling and smoking I like the pellet grill best. The only things I like on the Weber better is steak and chicken wings. The steak makes sense to me but not the chicken wings.

Do you have a Vortex for your kettle? The Vortex and wings were made for each other :)

Back