The lady's away so it's a smoked chuckie day! (in progress PrOn)

lantern

is One Chatty Farker
Well, the lady of the house has been gone since Monday evening and shall return tomorrow. So, I've been making what I want and how I want it. That means all the banned foods and condiments! From spicy to pickles to vinegar to onions to carrots to celery to green peppers and mustard.....its allllll minnnnneee....for now.

I didn't photo the jerk chicken(too spicy) or the beef stew(carrots, celery, green peppers and onions), but I did get a finished pic or two of the babybacks I did so they will be at the bottom of this post for the heck of it.

But NOW we get to today's smoke. 4 chuckies averaging around 3.5 pound each. Rubbed with a light sprinkle of kosher salt, sprinkle of cracked pepper, sprinkle of Oakridge Hab death dust, sprinkle of Oakridge Santa Maria, sprinkle of Simply Marvelous Pecan and a REAL coating of Oakridge Black Ops brisket rub.

The WSM is filled with my usual layer of stubbs briquettes and then filled with Royal Oak red bag lump. Chunks of oak wood are buried into the charcoal.

She's rolling around 305 when I threw the chuckies on and has been hovering from 290-305 ever since. I'll check color around the 3 hour mark and probably wind up wrapping in butcher paper around 4ish hours.....depends as always.

Anyways.....here are the prep pics and gratuitous babyback pics. I cooked these on the Weber performer using the snake method with apple wood.

Performer cooked babybacks, but to be honest these were more loin back ribs.

heck yeah! Whatcha gonna do with them chuckies?

I'm THINKING two will see the foodsaver, ice bath and then the freezer. One will get in my belly quickly!

The other one.....well... that's the one I haven't figured out yet. It'll go to the foodsaver and ice bath then the fridge. I wanna do something different with it other than just EAT IT plain. Any suggestions?

Ok I know it seems fast, but my original post was made well after the chuckies were put on.

Good news is I gotta a pic at the 3 hour mark. Pit temp 290, food temp 162. It always works out to 4ish hours, but I couldn't help myself to sneak a peak because that oak and beef have really settled in to that sweet invisible smoke. So, it'll probably set the wrap back about 30 mins.

Here's the pic!

Side note, keep the suggestions coming.

Big ol can of Sardines in mustard sauce, a thick slice of onion on a garlic bagel. Welcome home dear!!!

Big ol can of Sardines in mustard sauce, a thick slice of onion on a garlic bagel. Welcome home dear!!!

LMAO!!!!:laugh::laugh:

You know my tricks!!!

I've been known to chase her around the house with a pickle! ........not that kind of pickle! .....errr wait...ok yes that kind too, but this particular story was referring to the pickled cucumber.:heh:

Ok pulled one off a little early....I'm frikkin hungry. I took pics of the pieces I pulled off before wrapping it back up AWAY from me. This has some serious flavor. I usually like cherry with my beef, but with the strong rub on this the oak worked exactly like I wanted it to work.

Anyway, here goes...

Man I have to stop looking at this stuff when I'm at work with only a salad...might have to pick up some chuckys tonight for the weekend!

Yeah that settles it! Need to snap up some chucks. They came out juicy as hell! You really went to town on that seasoning I bet that bark is killer.

Oh damn. That is some mighty fine cow you got there. I'd be all over that, couple times tonight and again in the morning!

Alright I like Wickedcajun's way of thinking! So, either egg rolls, dumplings or ravioli orrrrr more than just one of those choices. But I really like that idea!

On the bark and rub. It is killer. Now, don't get me wrong. I love salt, pepper and garlic on brisket. But, chuckies are a little like the point and fall under burnt end rules. Which is to say there are no rules as long as there's big flavor! LOL

Speaking of burnt ends. The last two bites went into a little Blues Hog original sauce. Dang that sweet sauce made those two bites sing!

The other three came out just where I like'em. But after their rest I had to do some big time dancing and balancing to get them into their respective foodsaver bags!!! One hand on the bag and the other on a set of tongs is NOT enough attention for a chuckie that wants to be pulled.:heh:

Oh my gosh. Those pics. That smoke ring. That juicy fat just dripping down the sides. Those crispy shreds of beef. That deep, dark succulent exterior.

I think I just had a meat-gasm... :faint:

Yeah, well it's your dang fault!! Top to bottom Oakridge makes a fine product! As a matter of fact if I wanna show off a pretty colored piece of bbq to somebody I'll use Oakridge. Awesome Awesome color IMO!:thumb::thumb:

Back