The honey smoked turkey breast project: Pron inside

Nice work. That bird will make some nice big dagwood sammy's! John

You got that right! A big ole turkey Dagwood!! Next to brisket, TB is my very second favorite. Sadly, I cant fing TB's ANYWHERE. Only at Thanksgiving, and sometimes that is even a stretch. The one thing I can find are those big arse turkey breast loaves.......but those just arent as much fun or as tasty.

Damn, those look good. Good healthy eats right there. And nice pics of the yard.

I missed this thread a few weeks ago but thanks for sharing it ALL. I'll keep this one to try soon! Thanks!

Smoking time?

For curiosity sake, what was your approximate total smoking time? I have a bird in a bucket soaking in the brine right now and getting ready to throw it on the smoker in about 3 hours.

That turkey looks deeeeeeeelicious. Here's another Saiko recipe I'll have to try. When you posted the Chicken Souvlaki recipe, I made it the very next day. It was great, thanks.

For curiosity sake, what was your approximate total smoking time? I have a bird in a bucket soaking in the brine right now and getting ready to throw it on the smoker in about 3 hours.

This was way back in April, so I don't quite remember how long. My guess would be around 4 hours at 225, but not quite sure.
Sure wish my azaleas looked like that now!

Dang,,Those looked Great. Last week My "Publix" here in SW Florida had them on in store special at .99lb for Publix brand TB. I knew I should have bought one...

great post! Thanks for the wonderful info and recipes. Think you can freezepack a sammie for me and get it here by 1:30, I had a bad morning and left my lunch at home.......

This was way back in April, so I don't quite remember how long. My guess would be around 4 hours at 225, but not quite sure.
Sure wish my azaleas looked like that now!

I have one on my UDS right now. I will post back with the overall time. Can't wait to try it!

Thanks for sharing all the specifics of your cook. When I do turkey breasts, they are my go to meal, I also have them drip into a pan, the smokey goodness in those juices are great for other meals such as soups and cassaroles.

I followed your directions exactly.... Just pulled my 2 breasts and they LOOK exactly like the photos. Thanks for posting!!!

Back